Seal And Penguin Island Wildlife Kayak Tour - Perth
OverviewJoin us in our unique Pedal Powered Kayaks and Paddle Boards as we go exploring the Shoalwater Marine Park just 40 minutes south of Perth. Our kayaks our powered by your legs which means your hands are free to take photos. On this tour we visit two islands close to shore, the first one is home to the playful Australian Sea Lion and the second one is home to approximately 1200 Little Fairy Penguins, the largest population of these birds in Western Australia. The islands are also home to numerous species of birds including the very impressive Sea Eagle or Osprey.Picnic lunch is provided at the end of the tour.
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up from your accommodation in the city in our air conditioned mini bus and then we have a 40 minute journey south down the freeway to the Shoalwater Bay region.
Once the kayaks and paddle boards are unloaded and set up on the beach your guide will give you instructions on how to use the kayaks and paddle boards as well as a safety briefing. You will get the opportunity to practice in your kayak or paddle board close to shore before we head across to Seal Island.
On the way across to Seal Island we may see some dolphins if we are lucky, sometimes they like to follow us to see where we are going. Often when we arrive at the island the seals are lying on the beach and if we are lucky some of the younger ones will come out to say hello. They seem to really like the paddle boards and you can see a video of them playing with us on our website.
We then leave Seal Island to head south to Penguin Island passing a few small islands on the way. It doesn't take very long to get there and you will see plenty of bird life along the way as the islands are home to many species of birds including Pelicans, Cormorants, Turns and Sea Eagles.
At Penguin Island, we beach the kayaks and head to the Discovery Centre where you can see the penguins being fed and learn about their life cycle. There will also be an opportunity to walk along the boardwalks to explore the island, keeping an eye out for nesting penguins and the many different species of birds that call the island home. We have a snack for morning tea in the shaded picnic area on the island and there is also an opportunity to go for a swim while we are here.
After exploring the island, it's time to head back to the mainland where we will load the kayaks back on to the trailer before heading to the Rockingham foreshore to have a barbeque lunch and a glass of wine from the Margaret River Region. Then it's time to drop you back to your accommodation.
Inclusions for Seal And Penguin Island Wildlife Kayak Tour
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Seal And Penguin Island Wildlife Kayak Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shoalwater Intermediate Kiteboarding Lesson
- Shoalwater Advanced Kiteboarding Lesson
- Discover Local Scuba Diving in Perth
- Perth Departure Transfer by Private Chauffeur: Perth City Center to Airport
- Perth Airport Transfer by Private Chauffeur: Airport to Perth CBD Hotel
- Best of Perth Wildflower Season Day Trip
- Rottnest Island Historical Train and Tunnel Tour from Hillarys Boat Harbour
- Jurien Bay Tandem Skydive, Pinnacles and Sandboarding Day Trip from Perth