Secrets Of Hvar Half Day Tour
OverviewThe island of Hvar offers many original and secret places, together with stunning views, like Pakleni and the neighbouring islands. Enjoy the spectacular views and the scenery of amazing Hvar. Get in touch with rural life of the island of Hvar, off-road and 3-course lunch/dinner in abandoned village.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour tour begins at the French Fortress built by Napoleons troops, on St. Nicholas hill (which was used as a reconnaissance site and lookout) and has a scenic view of Hvar town, the Spanish Fortress, Pakleni and Vis islands. You will continue with a drive through the green and rural island of Hvar, passing through Brusje, where you will be able to walk through the Lavender fields, (seasonal options June - July).
Continue along an old island road "paved" with amazing views. Pass byperfect views of the island's deepest bays, and eventually reachthe fascinating village of Velo Grablje founded in the 14th century. Explore the village's stone houses and courtyards as you admire the area architecture, walking thenarrow streets as you absorb the settlement's timeless charms. Today the village is nearly abandoned, but a few permanent villagers remain. Although it was once a rich and prosperous place, famous for its good wine and olive oil production. Honey production was also well known in the village as well, together with lavender oil being the leading one in Europe of the time.
As you leave Velo Grablje, continue to the abandoned village of Malo Grablje and then finish the day with authentic Dalmatian lunch or dinner (depending on the time of day). A sample menu is below.
Local cheese and smoked ham with island extra virgin olive oil, marinated fish
Peka - traditional meal with lamb or mixed lamb and veal under the iron bell covered with the ash.
Simple traditional desert with almonds
Local wine, water, grappa - local brandy made by Berti
Inclusions for Secrets Of Hvar Half Day Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- 3-course lunch or dinner
- Local Driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Secrets Of Hvar Half Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 6 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.