Secrets Of Split Walking And History Tour Including Traditional Snack
OverviewDrink like an emperor, dine like a Dalmatian, and do as the Romans do on this tour of vibrant Splicani life. Youll learn the secrets of Diocletians Palace while wandering this colossal 1,700 year old estate. Explore a traditional fish market where locals select the freshest seafood, then feast like a Roman emperor on local Dalmatian wine and traditional delicacies.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Begin your royal adventure in the not-so-modest home of the Roman emperor Diocletian. His colossal 1,700-year-old palace is not only a UNESCO World Heritage Monument, but also a popular hangout for locals of Split and the cast of Game of Thrones.
As we wander into the heart of the city,peristil,well discover the secrets of Diocletians life hidden in the walls of the worlds best preserved Roman palace find out why he loved salad so much and why a piece of the mythical White Stone can make you happy.
It is no secret, however, that the way to a Dalmatians heart is through the stomach. Well show you a traditional fish market,peskarija,where locals have been buying fresh seafood for centuries.
Your mouth will surely be watering by now, so well take you for a traditional Dalmatian snack fit for a king air-dried smoked meat, soft sheep cheese, octopus salad, anchovies and olives. During your snack, your local guide will regale you with Split tales, past and present. And of course a Dalmatian meal is never complete without a glass of wine. After all, wine is one of our oldest traditions and a staple of the Mediterranean diet, so just stay calm and do as the Romans do!
Well finish our tour on the Riva promenade, leaving you feeling as satisfied and pampered as the emperor Diocletian himself. Our local guides will point you to their favourite coffee shops and the best spots for an evening of Dalmatian delicacies and entertainment.
Inclusions for Secrets Of Split Walking And History Tour Including Traditional Snack
- Local English-speaking guide
- Traditional snack
- Glass of wine
Exclusions for Secrets Of Split Walking And History Tour Including Traditional Snack
- Entrance fees to cathedral of ex-Emperor mausoleum and underground of the palace
- Extra drinks
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If we go to the cathedral, both men and women should bring modest clothing that covers your knees and shoulders.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select child above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if youll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Mega Catamaran Excursion to Bol Including Golden Horn
- Guided Tour: Highlights of Split by Rickshaw
- Private Boat Tour to Blue Lagoon and Solta from Trogir and Split
- Blue Lagoon and Solta Private Boat Tour from Trogir and Split
- Stand Up Paddle Board in Split
- Private Speed Boat Transfer from Split Airport to Hvar
- Private Speedboat Transfer from Split Airport to Hvar
- Private Dubrovnik Day Tour from Split