Secrets Of The High Line - New York City
OverviewLearn lotsof secrets about New york city's "Park in the Sky" and its surrounding neighborhoods. Built upon a historic freight rail line erected above the streets on Manhattan's West Side, the High Line has become a major draw for tourists and locals alike.This fun, two-hour guided walking tour includes a visit to Chelsea Market;thechic gastro havenwasonce the home of Nabisco, the birthplace of the Oreo cookie.Meandering the entire length of the unique and stunning elevated public park, you'll take in breathtakingviews of NYC from an entirely new perspective. You'lllearn all sorts of area "secrets" throughengaging narration throughout your tour. The tour coverstheHigh Line's past and present,itsart and area galleries, its horticulture, its surroundingneighborhoods, visible iconic buildings,future developmental plans andthe latestcutting-edge architecturesprouting up all aroundthe High Line.
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourYour2 hour tour which spans the entire 1.45 mi. (2.33 km) High Line,begins with a walk through the treasuredChelsea Marketlocated in the heart of the fashionableMeatpacking District.This fabulous culinary and shopping marketplace was once the home of Nabisco, the worlds largest bakery and creator of the Oreo Cookie.Youll not only learnthis historythis building but of many othersthroughout thisleisurelywalking tour.
TheMeatpacking Districtwas once a flurry of industrial activity before ultimately falling into ruin and becoming a dilapidated, drug-ridden, dangerous urban wasteland. Your guide will share the area's remarkable history and the even more remarkable transformation from a once seedy area into the chic, trendy, glamorous hotspot thatit istoday! You will be wowed throughout your tour experienceasyour guide shares many lesser known secrets,not just of the High Line, butof many other historic, significant or just plain fascinating sites that are viewable from atop this beautiful oasisthat rides highabove the manic streets of Manhattan and its frenzy of activity, below.Throughout your fun and comprehensive tour, you'll learn about the areas' vast history and as well as its future plans, its architecture (both old and new)andabundantfun facts and stories all along the route. Bring a smile, a cheerful attitude and your camera and get set to explore and fall in love the magnificent High Line; surely 6 million visitors annually can't be wrong!
Inclusions for Secrets Of The High Line
- Professional, local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Secrets Of The High Line
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children MUST be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for children aged 12 and under as children generally tend to tire fast and become restless quickly
A moderate amount of walking is involved (approximately 1.5 miles)
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or serious medical conditions, walking difficulties or any other physical limitations that might prevent them from enjoying or completing the tour.
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for women in advanced stages of pregnancy due to even surfaces and distance walking
Tour operates in all weather conditions unless otherwise indicated by the Tour Provider. In the rare instance that the tour must be cancelled due to extremely unfavorable and/or potentially hazardous weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or a full refund of your tour's purchase price.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 13 and above.
Tours are currently conducted in the English language ONLY. If you have difficulty understanding the English language, this may not be the best tour for you. Unfortunately, use of a translator's assistance during the tour is not permitted due to the distraction it creates for other paying Guests.
Minimum Guest numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough Guests to meet tour requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of the purchase price.
Restroom breaks are highly recommended prior to tour start. There are no scheduled rest stops once the tour begins.
Beverages and snacks are permitted during tour, however, any purchase of these items MUST be made PRIOR to the tour's start time.
Please report to meet-up location 15 MINUTES BEFORE the start of your tour for check-in with the Guide. Be prepared to present your paper or electronic voucher.
SMILES are REQUIRED; cameras are highly recommended.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Wine and Dine Tour with Shopping from New York City
- Midtown Mix Guided Food Tour - New York Food On Foot Tours
- Go West Guided Food Tour - New York Food On Foot Tours
- Big Bus New York Night Tour
- Private Transfer John F Kennedy Airport JFK to Manhattan in SUV Executive
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum Overnight Experience
- Secrets of Central Park Walking Tour
- Athens Next Door Greek Food Tour in Astoria - Queens