See Zhouzhuang Water Town And Shanghai City In One DayWrite a Review
Explore the lovely water town of Zhouzhuang and catch some highlights of Shanghai too on this 8-hour coach trip from Shanghai. See Zhouzhuang's star attractions, such as Shen House, Zhang House, and Double Bridge, enjoy an included lunch, then visit a silk factory, The Bund, and the Old French Concession in Shanghai. Tour includes lunch and entrance fees.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide and group at the time and place that's most convenient for you: the Pudong Sheraton Hotel at 8am, the Grand Hyatt Shanghai at 8:30am, Le Royal Meridien Hotel at 9am, or Hilton Shanghai at 9:15am. It's about an hour and 20 minutes to Zhouzhuang, a pretty water town that still preserves plenty of Ming and Qing dynasty architecture.
Here you'll visit the 18th-century Shen House, a sprawling architectural complex built by a millionaire's heir that occupies an area of more than 21,500 square feet (2,000 square meters). You'll see the Double Bridge, built between 1573 and 1619, which forms the shape of an old-fashioned Chinese key. And you'll explore Zhang House, built in the fifteenth century around the Zhujing River, with over 60 rooms scattered across 19,375 square feet (1800 square meters). To make the most of Zhouzhuang, you might choose to take a river cruise (own expense).
You'll have lunch in Zhouzhuang before traveling back to Shanghai, where your first stop is a silk factory. Learn about the queen of fabrics and how it shaped China's history as you see silk's journey from worm to clothing: you'll have the chance to shop here, too.
From here, you'll visit the iconic Bund, Shanghai's waterfront strip that's almost a museum of world architecture, before exploring Xintiandi, an area of cafes and galleries that showcases how the Old French Concession has gained new life for the twenty-first century. Your tour finishes here around 5:15pm.
Inclusions for See Zhouzhuang Water Town And Shanghai City In One Day
- Entrance fees to attractions as per itinerary
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Pickup from four central meeting points
Exclusions for See Zhouzhuang Water Town And Shanghai City In One Day
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available: please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.