Self-Guided Tour With Private Transfer: Be Around With Fireflies And Tung Blossom - Taipei
OverviewHave you ever seen fireflies dancing on flowers? April and May are the best season to see fireflies and Tung Flowers in Taiwan. In this self-guided tour is going to take you to Sanxia District (1 hour driving distance away from Taipei city) to see the beautiful natures in some private area. Put on your comfortable shoes and prepare your camera, and go to visit the firefly paradise and enjoy the lovely Tung Blossom Festival! This surely is a fun tour for nature lovers and shutterbugs.
- Instant Confirmation
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free snacks included
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourFireflies are sometimes called lightning bugs. You may wonder how and why are these insects able to light up? Its because of a chemical reaction between an organic compound in the fireflies bellies and the air. Fireflies emit light during mating season to attract their lovers. Moreover, their habitats must be close to the clean water area. It's hard to see fireflies around nowadays due to environmental degradation. Luckily, you are still able to see them in Taiwan from April to early June. Life is short. Seize the day like what fireflies do. So the next time you see a firefly, keep in mind that its flickering isnt just a wonder of the night. Its also a unique language of love.
You will also get to see beautiful Tung flowers (Vernicia fordii) during this tour, and there is a Tung Blossom Festival in Taiwan every April to June. The inspiration of the Tung Blossom Festival comes from the Hakka people (one of ethnics in Taiwan). The Tung Trees that cover the hills and fields were an important cash crop for the Hakka in the past. You will find the different stages of Tung Trees in its appearance throughout the four Seasons. Around April or May the flowers start to blossom, and it's beautiful as snow white. That's why people named Tung Blossom as " May Snow".
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Taipei, and transferred you directly to the entrance of Firefly Trail in Sanxia District. You will spend around 2 hours there to see the Tung flowers and fireflies. You can take some nice photos there but please do not use flash as it may scare the fireflies away. The best way to protect this nature environment is to keep voice down and cherish your memories.
Inclusions for Self-Guided Tour With Private Transfer: Be Around With Fireflies And Tung Blossom
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Passenger Insurance
- Transportation to attractions
Exclusions for Self-Guided Tour With Private Transfer: Be Around With Fireflies And Tung Blossom
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees, if required
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 5 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
No flash light is allowed during the tour
Please keep the voice low during the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jiufen en Espaol - Excursin privada al pueblo que inspir El Viaje de Chihiro
- Private Day Trip of Jiufen - The Enchanted Town from the Movie Spirited Away
- Leisure Tour to Yangminshsan and Relaxing Massage after
- Taipei 101 Luxury Half-day Private Tour Including Dinner and Shopping
- Small Group Night Market Tour including Street Food Tasting
- Private 1-Day Tea Experience in Taipei
- Private Tea Village and Taipei Sightseeing Day Tour