TheAlczar of Seville, is one of the oldest palaces in use worldwide. This palace has gone through different stages in time, from the late eleventh century to today and from its walls has seen the influence of different cultures that have passed through Sevilla. Its a faithful witness of the history of Seville, marked by diversity of cultures and legacies these have left in our city. Walking through its extended sidewalks orange and myrtle transports us to another time, another era, which undoubtedly have marked the history of Sevilla.
Santa Cruzis par excellence the most popular and crowded neighborhood of Seville. Its typical narrow streets, stately homes, sparkling fountains and all the charm and legends that surround it.
Thehistoric Seville cathedralis the Christian Gothic cathedral with the largest area in the world. The UNESCO declared in 1987 by the Real Alczar and Archivo de indias, Heritage humanity. On July 25, 2010, Bien Universal Value Excepcional. According to tradition, the construction began in 1401, although there is no documentary evidence to the start of work until 1433. The building was carried out on the site was after the demolition of the old Aljama Mosque of Seville, of which the minaret (the Giralda) are retained and the Patio de los Naranjos .Furthermore, we know the others Sevilles highlights by walking. In case you prefer it, combining it with a cab ride. We will cover:
- Spanish Square:represents one of the most famous icons of the city. An impressive place where locals and tourists are located and delighted.
- Torre del oro:36 meter tower located on the left bank of the Guadalquivir River. We will inform you about its function and the curious origin of its name.
- Guadalquivir river:is the main river that crosses the peninsula, called Betis by the ancient Romans.
- Bullring:Called the Real Maestranza de Caballera de Sevilla, home of the bullfights.
- Salvador Square:One of the busiest squares in Seville, where there is the second largest temple in the city, the beautiful church of El Salvador.
- Sierpes Street:Shopping streets typical of the place, where you can see some of the oldest shops.
- Metropol parasol:The famous mushrooms of Seville. A huge structure that modernizes the central square of La Encarnacin.