OverviewThe 6-hour private tour is designed for history lovers and for the people who want to have a deeper understanding of Shanghai's Change from 1840 to 1940. Your professional and informative guide will lead you through the Former French Concession, International Settlement and Traditional Shanghainese living area and etc.. You find a diverse Shanghai from this unique tour. A decent Shanghai cuisine lunch will be arranged at The Chinoise Story restaurant in the Sassoon's Cathay Mansion.
- Instant Confirmation
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourShanghai, the engine of China's economy today, a miracle city in the world. Why Shanghai was opened into a international trading port by British force? How come She swiftly evolved into "the Oriental Paris" from an ordinary farming town in just dozens of years? Who were the venturers building Shanghai into their Paradise? Why Shanghai became life shelter for countless Russian and Jewish in the past? Why nobody wants to be "Shanghaied" in English phrase? Who were the few intellectuals having a meeting in Shanghai which was a sparkle burning China into red later?
This tour will walk you through those sites related to above stories. This is a feast to your mind, and you will also have another feast to your stomach at famous The Chinoise Story restaurant inside of Sassoon's Cathay Mansion.
You will be visiting following places:
- Former British Consulate
- Bund - Riverside, best place to see Shanghai's mother river (Huangpu River) and take a contrast picture for old and new shanghai.
- Peace hotel - Former Cathay Hotel, built by Sir Victor Sassoon. The Sassoon family had built a Shanghai business and real estate empire in the early 20th century.
- Waldorf Astoria hotel - Former Shanghai Club, opened in January 1910. Once home to one of the premier men's clubs in Shanghai. The most famous feature of the interior is the 34-metre black-and-white marble bar, called "the long bar".
- Shanghai old town - the old street that used to be the home of scholars and officials during Ming and Qing dynasty.
- Private garden house - oldest and largest in Shanghai, not open to the public yet.
- Cathay Mansion - Delicious Shanghai cuisine for lunch
- Garden hotel - Former French club, the eastern lobby still keeps the original French classical design.
- King Albert Apartment - Also popularly known as Royal Garden, built by French Catholic Church for expatriates living in Shanghai.
Inclusions for Shanghai Old Time Exploration Including Sassoon's Cathay Mansion Dining Experience
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shanghai Old Time Exploration Including Sassoon's Cathay Mansion Dining Experience
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.