Shared Transfer: Palermo To Taormina With Villa Romana Del Casale Tour
OverviewBegin in Palermo and finish in Taormina with a shared transfer that includes a full-day trip to the UNESCO-listed Villa Romana de Casale. With a driver-escort, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to the small town of Piazza Armerina to visit Villa Romana del Casale, which is known for its collection of vivid mosaics. Depending on the size of your group, enjoy a guided tour or explore the villa at your leisure. The day trip concludes in the attractive medieval town of Taormina. Groups of nine or more will benefit from a separate tour leader.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your driver-escort and, depending on the size of your group, your tour leader in central Palermo. Relax in the comfort of your air-conditioned vehicle and move further into the Sicilian hinterland toward Piazza Armerina, a small southern town. As you drive, your driver-escort or tour leader will keep you informed and share information about points of interest.
Stop at the 4th-century UNESCO World Heritage-listed Villa Romana del Casale. Located just southwest of Piazza Armerina, the walls and floors of the villa boast some of the finest mosaics in the world. Originally built as a hunting lodge for a Roman patrician, this unique structure remained undiscovered for centuries after it was buried in a landslide in the 12th century. Its fabulous mosaics were hidden from sight for seven centuries before excavations began.
On arrival, pay an entrance fee to gain access to the villa and examine its intricate artworks. Depending on tour numbers, there may be a guided tour around the house. Otherwise, head in to view the mosaics at your leisure.
Admire the colors of the extensive, well-preserved mosaics, which are believed to be the work of African craftsmen. Look out for the most famous tableaus, such as the so-called Bikini Girls mosaic that depicts several girls exercising, and the mythological scene depicting the labors of Hercules.
After touring the villa, break for lunch (own expense) at a nearby restaurant. Then, hit the road again for the journey to Taormina, a chic, elegant resort town that sits in the shadows of the smoldering Mt Etna Volcano. Your tour concludes in central Taormina in late afternoon.
Inclusions for Shared Transfer: Palermo To Taormina With Villa Romana Del Casale Tour
- Separate tour leader (from tour size of 9 pax)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shared Transfer: Palermo To Taormina With Villa Romana Del Casale Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (approx. 10 euros)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.