OverviewMore than just an adventure, this educational tour takes you into a world that few can ever experience. The open ocean world of sharks!
We take you over three miles off shore, where you can observe Galapagos and Sandbar sharks in their natural environment from the safety of a floating cage. No scuba experience is necessary, you enter the cage from above and stay on the surface using a mask and snorkel. Large Poly Glass windows let you peer into the open ocean and watch the sharks as they glide gracefully through the deep blue. To be in the presence of such awe inspiring animals will change the way you see sharks forever.
Know More about this tourOur Shark Vessel "Kainani" departs Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor on Oahu's North Shore daily. We motor out to International waters, 3 miles off shore to the shark grounds. For the next hour and a half we share the excitement and our knowledge of the sharks of the famous North Shore.
Upon arrival to the shark grounds the first guests get in the cage. The water here is over 600 feet deep and crystal clear. The view is incredible. Just getting in is a bit of a thrill. Once in the cage, the big Poly Glass windows are nearly transparent, so when that 10 foot long Galapagos shark presses his nose against the glass, it looks like he is coming right on in. Not to worry though, he’s not getting in. In fact, press your nose against the glass, and you will be just one quarter of an inch away from the business end of one big shark!
In addition to the Galapagos sharks, Sandbar sharks are our other common visitors. Both of these sharks are very curious, completely unafraid and come very close to the shark cage. Sometimes we see as many as 30!
There is absolutely no diving experience required for this veritable shark diving fest.But just because everyone can do it, doesn’t mean the experienced diver will be bored. Far from it! From underwater pros to people who have never even been in the ocean, our adventure is for everyone!
Many of the major networks such as Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic have all featured your local tour operator in their programming. We have a proud reputation to help educate people worldwide about sharks.
Once the shark viewing has been completed, enjoy your boat ride back to Haleiwa. You may choose to self drive or will be taken home by transportation, based upon the tour option that you select at the time of checkout.
Inclusions for Shark Cage Diving In Oahu
- Expert crew
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Shark Cage Diving In Oahu
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Towels, swimwear, suntan lotion
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age 5yr old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.