OverviewSpend an afternoon hot on the heels of Sherlock Holmes in London, learning about the popular Victorian detective while seeing countless filming locations and literary haunts. The 2-hour tour is led by a film-expert guide, wholl introduce you to sites like Somerset House, the fictional Diogenes Club and more, used in adaptations like Guy Ritchies 2009 film Sherlock Holmes, as well as the 1979 thriller Murder by Decree. So, book now! As the man himself would say: Its elementary, my dear Watson.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Piccadilly Circus in central London, and then set off on your walking tour, hearing about Sherlock Holmes – the fictional sleuth from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s late 19th-century stories. The escapades of the deerstalker-clad detective were so popular that film adaptations followed the books, and filming sites are now scattered around the capital.
See the place where the eccentric Sherlock Holmes first met Dr Watson – his loyal friend and adviser – and hear trivia about the 1979 thriller Murder by Decree, which featured the pair. Visit the Royal Academy building, which was used in the film, and stroll around some of the pubs and grand hotels that were mentioned in the books.
As your guide entertains you with insider gossip about Guy Ritchie’s 2009 film Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Junior, walk to the Diogenes Club – a fictional gentleman’s club where a strict no-talking rule was imposed. After stopping for photos outside, continue to Somerset House, to see the site that was used as Pentonville Prison in the film. While the grand Neo-Classical façade of the building couldn’t be more different to the real-life prison, your guide will bring scenes from the film to life with tales of the baddie who was held there – Lord Blackwood.
When your Sherlock Holmes tour of London is over, finish your tour on the Strand in central London.
Inclusions for Sherlock Holmes Film Location Tour In London
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Sherlock Holmes Film Location Tour In London
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.