Shimba Hills Full Day Tour From Mombasa Or Diani Beach - Mombasa
OverviewEnjoy a complimentary hotel pick up from your beach hotel to shimba hills national reserve. Discover the wildlife, culture, and scenery of Shimba Hills National Reserve on a full-day tour from Mombasa with a professional tour guide. The forest is an important bird area and is endowed with forest bird life while the grasslands hold localized species such as red-necked-Spur fowl, Croaking Cisticola and Zanzibar Red Bishop. The scenic Sheldrick Falls and the dense Mwaluganje Forest are also found here along with four campsites.
Know More about this tourThe day begins well with a complimentary pickup from your Mombasa hotel. After a brief introduction, you set off for shimba hills with great views of the country side off the beach. The area is inhabitated by the Digo community. Take an hour-long nature and culture tour with Shimba Hills Forest Guide Association: visit a Digo village to learn about local butterfly breeding practices. You Continue deeper into the park, where youll leave the car behind for a hike to Sheldrick Falls, which tumbles 82 feet (25 meters) into cool, clear pool thats ideal for an afternoon swim. Those preferring not to hike can explore the park on a short game drive, then meet up with the hikers for a more extensive wildlife-viewing drive. In addition to being important habitat for the endangered sable antelope, the Shimba Hills are home to leopard, waterbuck, bushbaby, and the nocturnal civet cat. Watch for the elephants that live in pockets of lush rain forest, then scan the trees for ostrich eagles, cuckoos, and African hawks. Enjoy your hot lunch at Shimba Hills Green Safari Camp, where youll spend an easy-going afternoon with views of the Usambara Mountains and Mwaluganje Elephant Sanctuary, a community-based conservation project. After lunch, you will depart for mombasa with a drop at your respective hotel.
Inclusions for Shimba Hills Full Day Tour From Mombasa Or Diani Beach
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
Exclusions for Shimba Hills Full Day Tour From Mombasa Or Diani Beach
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is formal
A moderate amount of walking is involved
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.