OverviewWalk throughout the busy streets of Shinjuku. Make your way to Kabukicho, Asiaâs largest and safest red light district while stopping at a kushikatsu stall for some authentic regional cuisine. Try four different dishes ranging from grilled chicken, gyoza, chicken namban, miso and vegetables, yakisoba, and cod roe with rice. Enjoy Shinjukuâs Golden Gai neighborhood known for being Tokyoâs most popular spot for unique izakaya, bar stall and pub nightlife.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourStart your tour by walking through the busy streets of Shinjuku heading straight for Omoide Yokocho (literally âMemory Laneâ) as your first stop. Omoide Yokocho is rightfully named as it is littered with rustic bars from the 1950s. Anyone of the older generation will feel as if they stepped back in time to the middle of the 20th century.Â Many of these bars still stay true to their roots, serving roasted giblets with beef and pork, which was a staple when food was scarce after World War II. You'll head to a place where you can experience grilling your own meatÂ and vegetables, it will give you a very authentic feeling of Japan as you dine mostly with locals.
From there you'll make your way to Kabukicho, Asiaâs largest, yet safest, red light district. Here, you'll learn more about this very famous area as your guide explains to you japanese izakayas, the amazing world of karaokes and Robot restaurant as well as other hidden gems of Kabukicho. You will enjoy two delicious foods including Tonkotsu - a delicious pork simmered for hours and hours delivering a very creamy and savory taste. Your guide will also explain the history, manners to eat and different versions of ramen.
Before heading to Golden Gai, enjoy an amazing sushi experience, where you'll sample some very local sushi that you will surely enjoy. Afterwards, move into Shinjukuâs Golden Gai neighborhood known for being Tokyoâs most popular spot for unique izakaya - bar stall and pub nightlife. Get a glimpse which will take you back to what Tokyo was like during the early and middle of the 20th century. Golden Gai locations are so densely packed you can almost be in two places at once (one foot in each). Despite its run-down appearance, Golden Gai generally attracts well-off clientele and their prices match accordingly with it being one of the most expensive places to drink in the city.Â Golden Gai is filled with over 200 small pubs, stalls, and karaoke bars where most are only big enough for five to seven people. Boasting the most densely packed nightlife area in the world, unique in every stall measured in inches rather than feet, Golden Gai will be a glimmer of Tokyo you will never forget, where you'll enjoy a cool drink in this historic place. This tour covers all food costs including 1 drink in Golden Gai.
Inclusions for Shinjuku Golden Gai Food Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Food tasting, as specified
- Beverage, as specified (1 drink at the Golden Gai)
Exclusions for Shinjuku Golden Gai Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 12 people per booking is allowed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.