Shivapuri Loop: Full Day Mountain Bike Tours In Kathmandu
OverviewLooking for a Mountain Biking tour in Kathmandu, then Shivapuri Loop is the best option for you. This small-group day trip mountain biking is not only an exceptionally inspiring play ground for riders with any level of experience and fitness but also takes you to the ancient temple and sacred sites of Budhanilkantha and stunning panoramas of the Himalayas and locals.Observe the magnificently carved stone idol of sleeping Vishnu from the outer periphery of the pond at BudhanilkanthaSharing tea with local farmers on their rooftops in the mountainsSoaking in hot springs on the roof of the worldTracks and trails of the Kathmandu Valley by bikeEnjoy technical challenges along jungle roadsGet panoramic views of the giants of the Nepalese HimalayasChoose a route to suit your techical abilityMeet the villagers of the Newar and Tamang people
Know More about this tourWe Start our trip starts from Thamel, ride 30 minutes to Budhanilkantha Temple, just 8 kms north of Kathmandu.Then we enter the Shivapuri National park about 8 km uphill good road. Shivapuri is one of the best destinations for cycling and the hike for the cyclist is speculated to lessen the number of cyclists in the park which was announced 12 years ago.
After registering at the Shivapuri National Park entry gate, following the valley rim we then push our way on single-track uphill through thick forest of Shivapuri Reserve towards Nagi Gompa, This spot is great for bird watching, a Buddhist nun's monastery and on a clear day, you may be able to see the snow-capped Himalayas! Enjoy meeting the villagers of the Newar and Tamang people and appreciate your packed lunch (included in the cost).
Once youve snapped some unforgettable photos, descend down the hill and continue riding 1 hour through the woodlands, past waterfalls and out of the forest until you reach Sundarijal, where youll visit a local bazaar, there are numerous waterfalls to see and a few caves.
From Sundarijal we continue via multi track to Gokarna and then ride single track to Kapan Monastery where you'll see a Buddhist Monastery in the Tibetan tradition that these Lamas came with their first Western students in 1969. From Kapan we'll ride back to ending point and the end of the tour you will transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Shivapuri Loop: Full Day Mountain Bike Tours In Kathmandu
- Mountain bike and helmet rental
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Expert biking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for Shivapuri Loop: Full Day Mountain Bike Tours In Kathmandu
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sunhat, sunscreen
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
Minimum age is 15 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.