Shivapuri National Park Day Hike - Kathmandu
OverviewDepart from Kathmandu and make your way to Shivapuri National Park. Spend a full day hiking as you climb the peak of Shivapuri. Once at the top, gaze down upon Kathmandu Valley, admire the view of the Langtang Himalayan Mountains, and enjoy lunch.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourTake a full-day hike in Shivapuri National Park, located near Kathmandu. On this trip, you will observe the beauty of the area's lush surroundings as you hike to the top of the Shivapuri peak.
In the morning you will be picked up at your hotel by your driver and guide. After 20 minutes of driving, you will arrive at the Budhanilkantha Temple, 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of Kathmandu. This temple is famous for the pond with a large statue of the reclining Vishnu.
From Budhanilkantha, drive uphill to reach the gates of the Shivapuri National Park. This area is a government-protected forest where more than 500 species of animals are found.
Start your hike from the southern boundary of the area. Be ready to climb stairs, as part of the trail consists of stone steps, leading you slowly but gently to the peak. On the way, pass Nagi Gumpa, the only monastery where nuns can practice Buddhism, and a place that foreigners often visit for meditation.
It is a steep uphill hike along narrow trails that gradually lead up to Shivapuri. Continue on to pass by the starting point of the Bagmati River, and your surroundings will beckon you to rest and enjoy the beauty of the forest.
Finally, you will reach the peak, located at an altitude of 8,963 feet (2,732 meters). From here, you can look out over toward the Langtang Mountain Range and enjoy lunch. Stroll around for a short time before taking a shortcut downhill and returning to Kathmandu.
Inclusions for Shivapuri National Park Day Hike
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shivapuri National Park Day Hike
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please specify required language
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.