The beginner lesson is generally run with 2 students and 1 instructor. You will be able to learn together and get an advantage by seeing what the other student is doing right or wrong. Private tuition is also available at an additional cost.
In this lesson you will learn:
- Recognize safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Identify hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Learn the use of safety systems
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Identify the wind window
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre- flight check equipment and settings
- In flight check equipment and settings
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
- Pull quick release and activate leash recover the bar and kite self land
This is the only IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) school in Perth with 12 years experience. Rest assured you are in safe hands with all our instructors holding Level 3 qualification and having relevant experience.
You will be using Headzone Communication Helmets to speed up your learning process so your instructor is in constant contact with you, plus you are learning at one of the best locations in Western Australia to kiteboard.