Shop Like A Local: Small-Group Tour Of Bogotá Artisan Markets - Bogota
OverviewImmerse yourself in the traditional handicrafts of Colombia on this intriguing 4-hour tour of Bogots artisan markets. Head off the beaten path to find tucked-away street markets brimming with local culture. Buy from vendors who work directly with indigenous craftspeople, and take advantage of fantastic prices as a result. Your guide is there to help you speak with the artisans about their colorful 'mochila' bags, traditional jewelry and hand-carved wooden ornaments, among other wares. After bargaining at the markets, head for Bogotas exceptional leather shops or visit a fair-trade shopping outlet on Bogots outskirts.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour guide picks you up at your centrally located Bogot hotel, and drives you to the Plaza de Bolvar (Bolvar Square) in the city center. Here, stop at a fantastic crafts market off the beaten tourist trail. Wander around and snap up items such as hand-carved kitchen utensils and wickerwork, all for unbeatable prices.
Next hop over to the artisan market at Parque Santander (Santander Park). This collection of stalls specializes in mochilas bright, knitted bags made by Colombias indigenous peoples. Pick your favorites as your guide helps you negotiate with the vendors! Look out for other souvenirs like alpaca wool goods, teddy bears and even smartphone cases.
After a break for refreshments (own expense) at a caf, visit the market at San Francisco church. Here, explore the traditional jewelry stalls and watch as the vendors craft the bracelets, earrings and necklaces that they sell right there.
Finally, head to Bogots leather district for great-value items including hand-sewn bags and pocketbooks. Alternatively, you can ask your guide to head for the Usaqun district in northern Bogota. Visit Mambe Shop an inspirational fair-trade outlet that actively supports the artisans it buys from. Admire authentic ceramics, housewares, baskets and accessories sourced from all over Colombia. Bonus: Enjoy a valuable 20% discount on your purchases!
Your tour finishes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
Please note: The order of activities as described above is subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Shop Like A Local: Small-Group Tour Of Bogotá Artisan Markets
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- 20% discount at Mambe Shop
Exclusions for Shop Like A Local: Small-Group Tour Of Bogotá Artisan Markets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.