Shore Excursion: Best Of Gdansk In A Small Group
OverviewMake the most of your Gdynia portcallin 5hours with a Small-Group tour of Gdansk: Enjoy a comprehensive5 hours panoramic driving tourwith round trip transfer from cruise port and guided tours of Gdansk Old Town and Oliwa Cathedral.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourMeet your professional English-speaking guide outside the main port gate, check in for the tourand get ready to listenand learn a lot on this comprehensive tour of the old Hanseatic town of Gdansk.
On your way from the port of Gdynia, you will hear the storyof this medieval town that played such an important role not only in its country's history, but in the world history as well.
Yourfirst stop will be at the magnificent Oliwa Cathedral, built by Cistercian monks in the 12th century. This magnificent basilica holds works of art in Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and Classical styles, but is more famous for its amazing Oliwa Organ that boats 5100 pipes!
As you keep driving towards the Old Town, you will make several photo stops to capturethe most memorable and important sights of the 20th century history: the island where the World War II started, the ship yard from where Cold War broke outand of course Solidarity Square that set off the fight for freedom among the working class.
Once you finally reach Gdansk Old Town, you will leave the bus and willtouralong the main street from the Golden Gate to the Green Gate. (which in fact is not green at all, but you will learn the story why people call it green.) Once nearly destroyed during the war, this lovely town will capture your heart with its bright-coloured houses andmansions of Polish merchants and nobility, recreated almost from ruins. You will learn how to read history from bricks,and will admire the Town Hall of Gdansk and the largest brick cathedral in the world - St. Mary's Basilica. (*inside visit is NOT included, we recommend to visit the church during free time for self-exploration at the end of the tour)
American visitors will be delighted to learn that Mr. Farenheit was born in Gdansk (back then called Danzig), and will even be able to walk along the street where he had once lived.
After the Old Town walking tour, you will enjoy some free time for self-exploration, shopping or a relaxing coffee break in one of the local cafes.
At the end of the tour, you will meet your tour guide and bus at the designated spot and transfer back to the ship.
IMPORTANT: Please note that tour order may vary depending on traffic conditions and general availability. Inside Tour of the Oliwa cathedralcannot be guaranteed due to religious services, weddings or others private events.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Best Of Gdansk In A Small Group
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for 5 hours
- Port pick-up and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer
- Panoramic city tour by bus
- Walking tour in Old Town
- Oliwa Cathedral visit (subject to availability due to religious services and private events)
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Best Of Gdansk In A Small Group
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- St. Mary's Basilica (recommended to visit during free time)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
This is a shared small-group tour. Maximum number of tour participants: 16
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.