Explore the best Tallinn highlights with a 5-hour guided tour, in a group limited to 26 people. Discover the best-known landmarks of the Old Town, and see how the Estonians really live. See Alexander Nevsky Cathedral,Â Dome Church, andÂ Kadriorg Palace. Take in the views from Toompea Hill, and make a photo stop at Pirita beach, Tallinn's modern district. Enjoy round-trip transportation from the port by a professional driver.Â
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Begin the tour with pickup from the main port gate approximately 30 minutes after cruise arrival. Travel with your guide and driver by air-conditioned bus.
Start with a tour of the Old Town of Tallinn, which is divided into the Upper Town and Lower Town. Located only a 5-minute drive from the pier, the Old Town will surely capture your attention with a variety of medieval sights. As you drive, take in the sight of Fat Margaret Tower and the Great Coastal Gate, then continue along the the city wall with its defense towers. Once in the Upper Town, start your 3-hour walking tour there.
See merchant houses, visit St Olafâs church, one of the oldest functioning pharmacies in the world, and stop at Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Then walk by the Three Sisters Houses site for a charming example of medieval merchant houses (today a modern five-star hotel). Everything about Old Town will mesmerize and amaze with itâs preserved condition--like stepping into the pages of a fairy tale. Stroll through the narrow cobble-stoned lanes to the Dome Church (Virgin Mary Cathedral), and admire the magnificent panoramic views from Toompea Hill. Please note, some of the churches require additional donation fees (own expense).
Learn about life of modern Estonians: see where they walk, and shop, and get acquainted with their lifestyle and habits. Ask your guide as many questions as many questions as you like concerning Estonia and its specifics. Take advantage of a brief break to purchase some souvenirs (works of local craftsmen) and enjoy a cup of coffee at a local venue.
A brief 15-minute ride will bring you to Kadriorg, the suburban wooden area, which contains must-see landmarks. Spend approximately 2 hours exploring Kadriorg and Pirita. Admire the majestic exteriors of Kadriorg Palace (also known as Presidential Palace) that belonged to Empress Catherine I, and be delighted by the Baroque park full of roses and swan ponds around the palace.
Next, catch a glimpse of KUMU Art Museum and some specimens of 20th century architectural constructions in the district, including theÂ Song Festival GroundsÂ andÂ Olympic Yacht Center. Make a photo stop by the popular Pirita beach where you can catch a romantic view of the ruins of St. Bridgetâs Convent. The tour will conclude after five hours with transport back to the cruise port. Tour involves a moderate amount of walking and is not wheelchair accessible.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Best Of Tallinn With Kadriorg Palace And Pirita In A Small-Group
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for 5 hours
- Professional driver for 5 hours
- Entrance fees to all churches and cathedrals listed in itinerary
- Port pickup and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer in an air-conditioned bus to accommodate up to 26 people
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Best Of Tallinn With Kadriorg Palace And Pirita In A Small-Group
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Some cathedrals require additional donation fees
- Food, drinks, and souvenirs
- Entrance to Kadriorg Palace and KUMU Art Museum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Minimum numbers apply. If you are arriving by a small cruise ship, there is a chance of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 7 years
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
This is a shared group tour. Maximum number of tour participants is 26.
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Personal food and drinks are not allowed in the vehicle
Photography is not allowed inside the churches and cathedral
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.