Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Bentota Day Tour
OverviewThis private day trip to Bentota is perfect for those staying in the Colombo port areas. Visit the city's most famous monuments attractions.
Know More about this tour
Tour Star 8.00AM from Colombo and first visit to Bentota-
Explore the Bentota countryside that takes you past green fields and a fishing village and gives you a chance to see both traditional and modern elements of life in the area. Visit a Buddhist temple, a cinnamon garden, Your first leg would be to Madhu Ganga Boat ride.
The Madu Ganga wetland with its estuary and mangrove islets makes up a coastal wet-land ecosystem. It is home to about 303 species of plants and 248 species of vertebrate animals. It is considered one of the last expanses of immaculate mangrove forests in Sri Lanka.
The boat weaves through the dense mangrove forest and surrounding islets, and you can witness the varying species of Mangrove, about 10 of which are endemic to Sri Lanka.
On your way, you will also be treated to a view of a wide variety of flora and fauna, such as monitor lizards and a number of beautiful birds. The Mangrove Forest is a vital part of the ecosystem, nourishing and sustaining the environment.
The island citizens of these islets produce peeled cinnamon and cinnamon oil and you are sure to have the opportunity to experience this indigenous production.
Lunuganga Garden Tour
Geoffrey Bawa was an applauded Sri Lankan architect who passed away in 2003. He was one of Asias finest architects. Lunuganga was Bawas country home. Completed with designer ideas and amazing perspectives the home sits in the middle of enchanting atmosphere and glorious views. This package of stunning beauty is now managed by the Lunuganga Trust. You can enjoy the homes features and blissfulness for a few nights as it is now run as a country hotel. Boat trips can also be organized to take you on a tranquil trip on the Deduwa Lake to witness the property from another angle. Inland tours and bird watching opportunities can also be arranged. Grab this chance to add that top-notch to your favorite holiday!
Visit Kothduwa temple
This is a Buddhist temple that is located on the island, known as the Kothduwa Raja Maha Viharaya. The island is within the Madu Ganga Estuary. Madu Ganga is an archipelago of fifteen different islands and includes a lagoon. It is believed that a Relic of Lord Buddha was once sheltered in the Kothduwa temple circa 340CE.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Bentota Day Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking chauffeur
- Air-condition Vehicle (Car or Van)
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees (madu ganga boat ride,Turtle hatchery)
Exclusions for Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Bentota Day Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Galle: an Exotic Escape!
- Private Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo
- Private Half Day Tour - Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience Tour
- Beautiful Sri Lanka 5 Night and 6 Days Tour (Colombo-Sigiriya-Kandy-Galle)
- Vist To Adam's peak From Colombo
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van