Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Galle Stilt Fishing Experience
OverviewThis private day trip to Galle is perfect for those staying in the Colombo port areas. Visit the city's most famous monuments attractions.
Know More about this tour
Tour Star 08.00AM from Colombo and first visit to Galle Fort -
You will Reach Galle Fort 1130 Hrs
Galle Fort in Sri Lanka: A UNESCO World Heritage Site the Galle Fort, or Dutch Fort as it is also known, is a fortification first built by the Portuguese on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. The initial fortifications, which were built in the late 16th century, were quite basic. However the fort underwent extensive modifications in the 17th century by the Dutch, making it one of the most important archeological, architectural and historic monuments to illustrate the European influence in South East Asia between the 16th and 19th centuries. According to a statement by UNESCO the site was recognized as a World Heritage Site for its unique exposition of an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries which is the criterion number four for such recognition. Some important monuments are:
1. The Dutch Reformed Church (Groote Kerk) which was built in 1640 with its historic belfry built in 1707. The bell rang every hour in its hayday. There are also other antiques to be seen within the church.
2. The 17th century New Orient Hotel which was once the exclusive use of the Dutch Governor and his staff before it was converted to a hotel in 1865. It is now a modernized franchise of Aman Resorts, and called Amangalla.
3. The old Dutch Government House.
4. The Residence of the Commander.
5. The National Maritime Museum which was once the Great Warehouse built in the 17th century by the Dutch to store spices and ship equipment.
6. The Old Dutch Hospital.
7. Meera Mosque built in 1904.
8. The Buddhist temple which was once the site of the Portuguese Roman Catholic church.
9. The All Saints Anglican Church built in 1871.
10. The Clock Tower built in 1882 and the Galle Lighthouse mentioned above.
11. Some of the streets still retain the original Colonial Era names; such as the Moorish Pedlar Street or Moorse Kramerstraat, Lighthouse Street or Zeeburgstraator Middelpuntstraat named after the lighthouse destroyed in 1936, Hospital Street, where the Dutch Hospital, the House of the Surgeon and the Medical Gardens are, Leyn Baan Street or Leyenbahnstraat, Old Rope-Walk Street where coir rope was created, Parawa Street, Chando Street and Church street.
1400 Hrs. after Galle Fort tour proceed to lunch (OWN EXPENSE). Again start the Journey to Ahangama Fishing Village to get STILT FISHING Experience. You will enjoy the fishing 01 Hrs. and proceed back to Colombo Port
Inclusions for Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Galle Stilt Fishing Experience
- Port pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking chauffeur
- Air-condition Vehicle (Car or Van)
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Shore Excursion Colombo Port Terminal To Galle Stilt Fishing Experience
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 02 Days Private Dambulla & Habarana Tour With Village Experience From Colombo
- Colombo AirPort to Hotel Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 2 Day Private Trip to Nuwara Eliya from Colombo
- Bentota to Colombo AirPort Taxi Private 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- Shooting mission in Negombo-Sri Lanka