Meet & Greet your chauffeur & Guide at the Colombo port to adventure Shore Excursion Colombo during 4-6 hoursYou will start your tour upon being picked up by your chauffeur from Colombo port journey into the Negombo City, and witness spectacular sights with memorable experiences and captivating stories as you learn about the history behind one of Asias richest cultures. Embark on an adventure like never before and become a part of the city with this private tour of Negombo. The route that you will be taking is as follows, Negombo City: Negombo is a city on the west coast of Sri Lanka, north of the capital, Colombo. Near the waterfront, the remains of the 17th Century Dutch Fort now houses a prison. Negombo Lagoon, lined with fishermens huts, feeds into the Dutch-era Hamilton Canal. The canal leads south to Colombo. Neo-classical St. Marys Church, completed in the early 19th Century, features a ceiling decorated with vivid religious paintings. Fish Market: Negombo is a traditional fishing town of Sri Lanka. The fishermen of the Negombo lagoon live in abject poverty in small, thatched palm houses in villages on the waters edge. They rely on traditional knowledge of the seasons for their livelihood. Dutch Fort: One of the most distinct tourist attractions in Negombo is undeniably the Old Dutch Fort. This is a structure with a history dating back to Sri Lankas colonial days when the nation was once under the rule of initially the Portuguese, and then the Dutch. The city was encircled by an earth wall. Eventually, the landmass on which the Old Dutch Fort Gate was constructed, was regularly washed by the sea. St. Marys Church in Negombo: The coastal town of Negombo is an area in Sri Lanka that is dominated heavily by Christian Faith and one of the towns most important structures is St. Marys Church. This sacred building is lavish and grand in nature, standing tall amidst other structures in the town. The church consists of three main levels which are immediately apparent when approaching the structure from the front. Dutch Hamilton Canal: Between 1802 and 1804, when the Island was under British governance, a new Colombo-Negombo canal was built, conceived by Garvin Hamilton, British Agent of Revenue and Commerce. The Hamilton Canal ran west of the old Dutch Canal, quite close to the sea from the mouth of the Kelani River at Hekitta, all the way to the southern edge of the Negombo Lagoon at Pamunugama; an astounding distance of 14.5 kilometres. Upon reaching the end of the tour, you will be dropped off back at Colombo port.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 6 Hrs
Departure Time :
As per your Ship Arrival Time
Departure Details :
From Colombo port
Return Details :
To Colombo port
OverviewThis private day trip to Negombo is perfect for those staying in Colombo city hotels Visit the city's most famous monuments attractions. Port pickup and drop-off are included,
- Port pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking chauffeur
- Air-condition Vehicle (Car or Van)
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Galle: an Exotic Escape!
- Private Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo
- Private Half Day Tour - Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience Tour
- Negombo and Colombo City Tour with Home made Fresh Seafood Lunch
- Private Arrival Transfer : Colombo International Airport (CMB) to Colombo Hotels
- 07 Days Amazing Experience
- Visit To Udawatte Kele Forest, Kandy From Colombo
- Sri Lanka 11-Day Sightseeing Tour Package