Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia Port: Rome Full-Day Tour
OverviewSee Rome's top sights on a private tour led by a personal driver. Marvel at impressive St. Peter's Basilica, head to the heart of historic Rome to visit the ancient Pantheon and admire the architecture of the Colosseum and learn about its history. Take a stroll around Piazza di Spagna to admire the famous Spanish Steps.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Seasonal Offer
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDiscover the most fascinating sites in Rome and the Vatican on 7-hour sightseeing tour. Your personal driver will whisk you around the historic and popular areas of the city, from St. Peters Square to the Coliseum, the Pantheon, and more.
Your tour of Rome can begin at your city accommodation or at the Civitavecchia cruise port. Youll be taken to see all the major highlights of the Eternal City during this 7-hour excursion.
The first stop on the tour is at St. Peter's Square in the Vatican, where youll visit majestic St. Peters Basilica. Afterwards, the tour continues on through Rome's historic core. Admire the ancient Pantheon, a temple thats nearly 2,000 years old. This is the best-preserved remnant of Roman antiquity in the city, and one of its most impressive attractions.
Piazza di Spagna is among the prettiest squares in Rome. See the famous Spanish Steps, a favorite spot for fashion shows and photo opportunities. Directly in front of the Spanish Steps are Romes two most important shopping streets: the Via Condotti and the Via Frattina.
Next youll see Piazza Venezia, site of the Grave of the Unknown Soldier and the national monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of a united Italy.
The tour continues up to the Capitoline, the smallest of Rome's seven hills. See the Senatorial Palace, housing City Hall, and the Piazza del Campidoglio, designed by Michelangelo in the 16th century under commission by Pope Paul III.
Your final stop is at the Colosseum, undoubtedly the best-known amphitheater in the world, and an interesting site both architecturally and historically. In Ancient Rome, the Colosseum was used for gruesome gladiator fights, animal hunts, and even executions.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia Port: Rome Full-Day Tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- English-speaking driver at your disposal
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Brokerage fee
Exclusions for Shore Excursion From Civitavecchia Port: Rome Full-Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome