Shore Excursion: Full-Day Efate Island Tour
OverviewWhen your cruise ship arrives into Port Vila, Vanuatu; enjoy a full-day tour around the island of Efate. There are 10 stops on your tour and your day will be filled with lots of fun and adventure. Some of the points of interest include Pepeyo Cultural Village, Blue Lagoon, local school visit, WW2 airstrip of the Americans, Survivor Beach, kava tasting and more. With a strong belief in culture and tradition, the stops on the tour will show you how Vanuatu is able to showcase their cultural diversity as well as promote eco-tourism as a mean to generate revenue for the local people. Here you will get to experience the real beauty of Efate.
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Instant Confirmation
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your full-day shore excursion begins when you are met at the Vila Main Wharf at 9am (dependent on when your cruise ship arrives) by your guide who will be holding a sign board with your name on it. You will be transported from the Vila Main Wharf to your first stop the Pepeyo Cultural Village.
Take a step back here where everything is slow paced. Learn about the ancient art of hunting, gardening, fishing, food storage, traditional law and society, food preparation and the list goes on. Discover how most people in Vanuatu that are located in remote areas carry on with their daily lives. So simple yet so beautiful.
Next, Take a refreshing swim at the pristine clear waters of the Eton Blue Lagoon. Light refreshments will be served here (fruits in season).
Education is a luxury in Vanuatu. For some parents it is very difficult to send their children to school. As part of this tour you will be able to visit a local school to see the real Vanuatu. See the simplicity in organizing a little classroom in the remote areas of the island with the main intention of educating Vanuatu's next generation. It is not compulsory but guests are encouraged to make small donations like a pack of pencils and exercise books if possible.
Next, you will get to see the local bottle collector shopincluding all the bottles collected till the present day.
Visit this Survivor Beach, also known as Survivor Vanuatu, Islands of fire. This was from the ninth season of the American CBS competitive reality television seriesSurvivor. The season was filmed from June 28, 2004 through August 5, 2004 and the season premiered on September 16, 2004. Filming took place in Vanuatu, on that exact beach where you will have your afternoon tea. For those who loves snorkeling you will also get a chance to swim on a lovely beach.
Stop for some duty free shopping, you will have ample amount of time to shop until you drop.
Do some kava tasting. Kava is a traditional drink in Vanuatu, used on many occasions. As part of this tour you will have the opportunity to end the day by tasting kava as a way to say farewell. (drinking kava is not compulsory).
Finish your tour at the Wharf Market where you will be able to walk through to Mamas market before you board your cruise ship.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Full-Day Efate Island Tour
- Entrance fees
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional local guide
- Portpick-up and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Full-Day Efate Island Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport