Shore Excursion: Full Day Tour Of Bridgetown
Overview"Los Barbadoes" was the first name given to Barbados by the Portuguese. It means the "bearded one," after the bearded fig trees that grow on the island. You will have an opportunity to see some of these trees at our very first stop on this tour. The tours first stop is Harrison's Cave. A visit to Barbados will not be complete without a stop in Bathsheba, famous for its breathtaking beauty and pounding surf. After a morning of adventure, it will be time to taste the flavor of Barbados with local cuisine served up at our lunch stop. Following lunch we will make our way up Cherry Tree Hill and on to St. Nicholas Abbey. Our final stop for the day will be the Barbados Wildlife Reserve where we hope to catch the Green Monkey at play along with a wide variety of other animals.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourOur first stop is Harrison's Cave. At the cave you will board electric trams and travel through the winding tunnels viewing majestic caverns and the stalactites and stalagmites which have been growing in them for many centuries. Another special feature of the caves is its streams, waterfalls and pools. Harrison's cave is guaranteed to be an experience of a lifetime.
A visit to Barbados will not be complete without a stop in Bathsheba beach, famous for its breathtaking beauty and pounding surf.After a morning of adventure, it will be time to taste the flavor of Barbados with local cuisine served up at our lunch stop at a seaside restuarant .
Following lunch we will make our way up Cherry Tree Hill and on to St. Nicholas Abbey. This Plantation House is likely the last remaining authentic house of the 17th Century that exists anywhere in the "New World." When this residence was built around 1658 of brick and limestone, many of the structures in the North America were made of timber, and have long since perished. The residence was built only 30 years after Barbados' settlement by the British in 1627. The Plantation produces award winning rum and they are always delighted to offer you a sample.
Our final stop for the day will be the Barbados Wildlife Reserve where we hope to catch the Green Monkey at play, along with a wide variety of other animals.
- Harrison's Cave Tram Tour
- Morgan Lewis Windmill
- Cherry Tree Hill
- St Nicholas Abbey
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Full Day Tour Of Bridgetown
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Full Day Tour Of Bridgetown
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum of 2 needed to book tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.