Shore Excursion: Liverpool Walking Tour In The Beatles' Footsteps Including The Cavern Club
OverviewThis 5-hour Beatles walking tour showcases Liverpool city centre in the footsteps of the Fab4 and takes you on a public bus ride to the suburbs to see Penny lane and Strawberry Fields. This tour has something for everyone and is great fun and also a perfect shore excursion from one of the many cruise ship calls to Liverpool.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe fully guided walking tour starts close to the Mersey Ferry Cruise Terminal with a fabulous photo opportunity of the brand new larger than life statues of the Beatles in front of Liverpools Liver Building where else in the world can you take a photo with such amazing icons?
You will meet your guide at 10:30am, followed by an 8-minute panoramic Beatles short film and introduction to Liverpool's famous waterfront. You will then move on to see Liverpool Town Hall and Eleanor Rigby Statue, before heading to Mathew Street and the world famous Cavern Club where the entrance is included as a part of the tour. You now have time for lunch (at own expense) and buying souvenirs if desired.
After lunch at approx. 12:30 noon you will see Jacaranda Pub followed by John's Birthplace, the schools and colleges the band attended and the Liverpool Cathedral - the world's 5th largest cathedral!
You will then take the same public bus route that the boys took from school to Penny Lane in the 1960's - this allows you to explore the suburbs and enjoy the tour in the most authentic way possible. See the Strawberry Field Gates and outside John Lennon's childhood home 'Mendips', before arriving back in central Liverpool at Liverpool One Bus station opposite the Albert Dock, which is 10 minutes walk away from the Cruise Terminal. For those keen to shop, Liverpool One is a brand new billion pound retail and leisure area with lots of places to buy food and souvenirs.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Liverpool Walking Tour In The Beatles' Footsteps Including The Cavern Club
- Entrance to the Cavern Club
- Round-trip travel from the ferry terminal
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Liverpool Walking Tour In The Beatles' Footsteps Including The Cavern Club
- Public busticket (whichcan be bought from the driver during the tour for around 4)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cruise ship passengers should make their own way to the start location at the new Beatles statues less than five minutes walk from the cruise terminal
On cruise ship days the tour also includes a visit to either the Cunard or Port of Liverpool buildings
Suitable footwear and waterproof clothing is advisable
There are some inclines on even pavements especially up to St James Mount and the schools colleges and the Cathedral
The tour requires a public bus day ticket which you purchase from the driver for around 4
On cruise ship days all customers are brought back in the city centre at least 90 minutes before boarding
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.