Shore Excursion: Maori Culture And History At Te Puia And Rotorua's Geothermal Valley
OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks in Tauranga, experience the geothermal wonders and Maori culture of Rotorua during a 6-hour shore excursion. See the hot pools and geysers of the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Area at Te Puia, including the powerful Pohutu Geyser, and take in New Zealand attractions such as Lake Rotorua, Okere Falls, the kiwi bird, and kiwi fruit. Includes guide, entrance fees, snacks, round-trip transportation, and port pickup and drop-off.
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- Pick up time is flexible (dependent on your cruise ship arrival and departure time).
Discover a truly special day and experience the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua, along with a tour of a Kiwi fruit orchard, in a narrated themed cart ride. for your cruise ship shore excursion from Tauranga!
We first take you on a sight seeing drive of Mount Maunganui where you will see the beautiful coastline and one of the best beaches in New Zealand, see the abundant coffee shops, cafes, small boutiques and breath taking scenery, not forgetting the infamous" Mount" which this area is named after. After leaving the beachfront we head into the countryside as we make our way to Rotorua. We journey through lush countryside traveling by stunning lakes, deep forestry and the first hints of the geothermal area we are traveling too.
In Rotura, your friendly guide a local Maori descendant of early Maori guides who have shaped tourism in New Zealand for generations will take you on a tour and experience an authentic village where people live daily using the natural geothermal resources to cook, bathe and heat their homes. Then walk around a strange and unforgiving landscape and journey where history, culture, and nature collide; where local Maoris showcase their vibrant Maori culture in a performance of dance and song - a show not to be missed! Even the architecture tells a story with Maori carvings and structures that hold deep cultural significance's. You will see large mud pools, steam vents, boiling pools and geysers including the largest in the southern hemisphere. Learn how the residents utilize and respect the ever-changing forces beneath their land. Whilst being guided on your tour, you will receive a complimentary corn on the cob/maize cooked from the boiling geothermal pool.
After leaving Rotorua, we will head to Te Puke - a suburb of Tauranga - where you will have the opportunity to visit a working kiwi fruit orchard. You will be taken on guided tour onboard a themed kiwi fruit cart, where you will have the opportunity to see the fuzzy little fruit growing while learning a little knowledge about why this fruit thrives here! You have the chance to walk under the vines and get up close to the growing fruit. Learn how this wondrous fruit became established here in New Zealand which, surprisingly, it's not a native plant but an interesting story explains all! This is a stunning opportunity for photographs! At the end of your tour you will be invited to taste-test different varieties of this fruit plus jams, juices, and much more.
Also included in the tour, you will be treated to a complementary local homemade kiwi fruit ice cream, perfect for a hot summer day.
We head back to the port and where we wish you bon voyage !
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Maori Culture And History At Te Puia And Rotorua's Geothermal Valley
- All entrance fees are included
- Kiwi fruit Guided cart tour ride included
- Cultural show entrance fee is included
- Offical Maori guide included
- Professional Kiwi fruit guide included
- Kiwi fruit ice cream included
- Corn on the cob/Maize included
- Cold bottled water
- Driver/Tour escort/host
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Viator brokerage fee
- Food tasting
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Maori Culture And History At Te Puia And Rotorua's Geothermal Valley
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Free corn on the cob/maize, which has been cooked right before your eyes in the geothermal waters
Free Kiwi fruit ice cream, which has been made on the orchards premises (not sold in shops).
This tour provides only fully guided tours that always include entrance fees and transportation!
Offical tour guides for both venues
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rotorua Geothermal Wonders and Waikato River Jet Boat Ride
- Rotorua Airport Departure Transfer - From Hotels
- Tarawera and Lakes Sightseeing Tour with Duck Cruise
- Rangitaiki River White Water Scenic Rafting from Rotorua
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights Tour Including Cultural Performance and Gondola Ride
- Rotorua Duck Tours - City and Lakes Tour