Shore Excursion: North And South Sides Of Bonaire
OverviewExplore Bonaire with us! This tour visits both the North and South sides, so by the end you will have a better impression of the island. Your local guide will take you to places like Goto Lake to see the flamingos, 1,000 Steps to see the sea turtles, the beautiful colors of the salt flats, slave huts and much more. Take beautiful pictures of Bonaire's wild animals like flamingos, iguanas and donkeys.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Explore the beautiful island of Bonaire on this 3-hour tour in an air-conditioned or open air vehicle!Your local guide will take you to places like Goto Lake, salt flats, 1,000 Steps, slave hutsand much more. Take beautiful pictures of Bonaire's wild animals like flamingos, iguanas, donkeys and more.
After cruise pick up, we will drive through the capital of Bonaire, Kralendijk, towards the North side. Then we visit some of the island's most famous landmarks. 1,000 Steps is asite of white sand and bleached chunks of coral, and the cove is surrounded by limestone cliffs. It's great for both diving and snorkeling, as turtles are often found in the shallow, turquoise waters. Next stop is Goto Lake - asaltwater lagoon near the island's northern end and it is a flamingo hangout. Bonaire is one of the few places in the world where pink flamingos nest.For the best view, take the paved access road alongside the lagoon through the jungle of cacti to the parking and observation area on the rise overlooking the lagoon and Washington Slagbaai National Park beyond. After that, the tour will pass throughRincon Village, the oldest village on Bonaire. Additionally, it is the oldest in continual existence within the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. Originally settled by the Spanish in the early 1500s, Rincon was strategically nestled within a valley toward off impending danger from pirates and other threats. Cadushy Distillery is next! In this traditional distillery, you can see how the world's only cactus liqueur is made right on the premises, and of course, we invite you to sample some for yourself!Mangazina di Rei is the next stop -this former storehouse and now a museum is a part of a cultural park and learning center with the purpose to arouse interest for theBonaire culture, history,landscape and nature of the area.
After visiting the North site of the island, we drive back to Kralendijk and cross the city to the South. While driving through the city your guide will explain variousfeaturesof the city.On the South side of the island we will visit the salt flats first.In the 1960's, a US company called Cargill Corporation was responsible for salt production and Bonaire's thriving salt industry. Huge mounds of crystals and pink colored waters can still be seen on Bonaire's southern end. Then the tour will stop at slave huts that wereconstructed in 1850 during the slavery time. They served as camping facilities for slaves working in the salt ponds to collect and ship the salt, one of Bonaire's most important export products. These huts were used as sleeping quarters and a place to store thepersonal belongings of the working team.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: North And South Sides Of Bonaire
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: North And South Sides Of Bonaire
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- "Poopoo Land" Attraction Ticket
- Private Transfers in Puno between Bus or Train Station - Hotel
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City