Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour From Tauranga
OverviewIf you want to visit any of the famous attractions in Rotorua on your own, then our unique Rotorua Explorer tour is for you. With 5 drop off points covering 12 main attractions, you can choose what to do plus receive a 10% discount on entry fees to the major attractions.
- Excellent value for money
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourDeparting Tauranga we pass through Te Puke - the kiwi fruit capital of the world, and through forests beside Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua. Your driver/guide will provide information on the destinations you could visit in Rotorua and the best options.
There are 5 main stopping points in Rotorua and we circulate 4 times during the day. We also offer a final collection point at the Agrodome to fit in with their last show if needed. We then return to Tauranga by a different route, through forests, into deep gorges, past farms and kiwifruit orchards.
There is no obligation to visit any destination, just cruise on the coach, take a walk around as there are plenty of things to see for free, visit the shops, buy a picnic to enjoy by the lake front and much more.
The Rotorua Explorer visits the following 5 drop off and collection points:
1. Te Puia (also adjacent to Te Whakarewarewa thermal village, a 5-minute walk)
2. Rotorua Information Centre [ i-site] in the center of the city.
3. Rotorua Lake Front - adjacent to Volcanic Air helicopter and flight center and also the Kawerau Jet boat offices.
4. Polynesian Spa - a world famous natural geothermal spa, which is also close to the Government Gardens, Bath House Museum and the Blue Baths.
5. Skyline Skyrides Rotorua - also adjacent to Rainbow Springs (2-minute walk) and OGO, another version of the famous ZORB rides, a 10-minute walk.
You will be given a full info sheet on the day with a timetable that suits your tour departure time, which does vary from ship to ship. We also offer a discount of 10% off the usual ticket prices at our featured destinations.
We can also drop passengers at the River Rats and Raftabout rafting centre for their Kaituna rafting trips which is on the way to Rotorua. After rafting they will either drop you back in Rotorua City where you can join the shuttle back to Tauranga or meet the shuttle on its run back to the ship on the Old Tauranga Road if you have taken one of their longer excursions.
Want to try the amazing zip lining with Canopy Tours in Rotorua, then we can also drop you at their base after the first stop at Te Puia. We will then arrange to collect you at one of the above stops for your return to Tauranga.
If you wish to visit other activities not listed above, then you can often arrange transport to their activity at the Rotorua i-site. These destinations could include:
Agroventures - adventure activities
Hells Gate - geothermal valley and authentic mud bathing experience.
Wai-O-Tapu and Waimangu - geothermal sites about 20 minutes south of Rotorua.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour From Tauranga
- Experienced, professional and friendly guide
- 10% discount on main activities
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Full commentary
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour From Tauranga
- Food and drinks
- Destination/attraction entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters [unless very small collapsible ones] or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Our staff can assist
The driver will provide details of all destinations served by the Rotorua Explorer and advise the best order to see each destination to make the most of your day
Tour departs at the time shown unless this conflicts with the ships ETA or ETD, in which case the tour will operate so that you are back in port at least one hour before sailing. Please meet us at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.