OverviewEnjoy unique Kiwi experiences on this small group tour to the geothermal heartland of New Zealand - Rotorua. Visit the Agrodome and see the famous Farm Show. Visit Te Puia to see Pohutu Geyser, pools of bubbling mud, a Maori concert including the haka, artisans at work with flax and wood, the kiwi bird and take a look at some iconic Rotorua scenery. Treat your taste-buds with a tasting of Kiwifruit in the home of kiwifruit, Te Puke.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDepart Tauranga for Rotorua, passing through Te Puke, the home of the New Zealand Kiwifruit where you will see orchard after orchard of vines then its through farmland, native bush and forested areas, passing by Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua before arriving at Te Puia. Te Puia, the home of the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and the location of the famous Pohutu Geyser. Visit the carving school and see craftsmen fashion traditional wood carvings, then move on to watch Maori women demonstrate flax weaving.
A short walk through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to view the mud pools, the famous Pohutu Geyser and hot pools that make Te Puia unique. See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built kiwi-house. Explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village.
A Maori Cultural Performance will be given on the Marae, in one of the few fully carved meeting houses in New Zealand, a place of special spiritual significance to Maori. Here you will see the traditional songs, dances and demonstrations of fighting skills (including the Haka) performed.
There is time at Te Puia to enjoy a light lunch at their cafe (own expense).
After lunch we drive through Rotorua City to the Agrodome. This is an award winning, premier farming destination. Here you will join the Sheep and Farm Show where you will see 19 breeds of sheep, see how farm dogs work, take part in a sheep auction, have the opportunity to milk a cow and feed baby lambs.
The tour then departs Rotorua for the return to Tauranga. On the way we tour through Mount Maunganui to view its famous ocean beaches, harbour and the iconic Mount Maunganui, an extinct volcanic core, which gives the area its name.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia And Agrodome From Tauranga
- Professional and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Entry to Te Puia
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Entry to the Sheep and Farm Show at Agrodome
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia And Agrodome From Tauranga
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- The Farm Tour at Agrodome
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants 0 to 3 may travel free if seated on parents lap
This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless very small and collapsible) or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Our staff can assist. If in doubt please check with us
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.