Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia And Polynesian Spa From TaurangaWrite a Review
OverviewGeysers, Maori culture and bathing in the health-giving geothermal waters of Rotorua are the perfect combination on this small group tour to the heartland of New Zealand. Visit Te Puia to see Pohutu Geyser, pools of bubbling mud, a Maori concert including the haka, artisans at work with flax and wood, the kiwi bird, iconic Rotorua scenery, and then to Polynesia Spa to soak in your choice of seven hot mineral pools on the edge of Lake Rotorua.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks at the port in Tauranga, meet your guide at 9am and take a seat in your vehicle. Then, head towards Te Puia and Te Puke — the home of the New Zealand kiwifruit — to begin your 8-hour tour. Along the way, gaze over Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua, and pass acres of fertile kiwifruit orchards.
On arrival at Te Puia, visit the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute with your guide. Watch skilled craftsmen fashion traditional wood carvings and see Maori women demonstrate flax-weaving. As you explore, gain insight into New Zealand’s traditional Maori crafts.
Head onward through the Whakarewarewa Valley — where hot geysers, bubbling mud pools, and steam vents dominate the geothermal landscape — and take in top attractions for which Te Puia is famous, including the mighty Pohutu geyser.
See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird — the Kiwi — in a purpose-built Kiwi-house, and explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village. Here, catch a traditional cultural performance of the fearsome ‘Haka’ before a light lunch at the cafe (own expense).
After lunch, drive through Rotorua to the Polynesian Spa — widely considered among the top spa resorts in the world. Enjoy free time to bathe and relax in the adult pools, and perhaps purchase tickets to other wellness facilities like the exclusive Lake Spa Retreat or the family pools (own expense).
Relaxed and refreshed, spin past Mt. Maunganui on route back to the port in Tauranga to bring your tour to an end.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia And Polynesian Spa From Tauranga
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry to Te Puia
- Maori cultural performance
- Entry to the adult pools at the Polynesian Spa
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia And Polynesian Spa From Tauranga
- Food and drinks
- Upgrade to other Polynesian Spa pools
- Polynesian Spa therapies
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants under three may travel free if seated on a parent's lap
This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines
Please bring your own bathing suit and towel. If you forget or don't have these they can be hired at $5.00 each from the spa
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters [unless very small collapsible ones] or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.