Add some relaxation to your Rotorua visit by soaking in the world-famous Polynesian Spa. This tour combines entry to the cultural and geothermal hub of Te Puia, with an afternoon dip in the adult pools at Polynesian Spa. Join Taurangas best Shore Excursion team for an unforgettable day.
Your guide will share their passion and knowledge about Rotorua and the Bay of Plenty region as a whole. You'll see why it is such a popular place to live!
We also visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown, and tour Rotoruas interesting city centre to see famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and more.
Te Puia Highlights:
- See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mudpools bubble away and boiling hotpools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos at Te Puia!
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
- Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the newly refurbished carving and weaving schools.
- One of the worlds finest spa complexes feel soothed in the hot mineral water fed by 2 local springs.
- Choose from slightly alkaline or slightly acidic options in the adult pools (included) - ranging from 38-42 degrees celsius. The water is silky smooth and great for your skin!
- Upgrade (extra cost) and pamper yourself at the spa here you can get a range of massage and spa treatments. This place is heaven!
- Family pool option available.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasnt every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if youre lucky you may even get to travel with Ian he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!