Enjoy a 3 hour taste of our home town with the most experienced independent Shore Excursion team in Tauranga. This interesting and compact smaller-group tour is perfect for those who want to get a feel for how this city ticks, and will get you to places you wont be able to explore on your own. Our local guide will ensure a great morning on this popular local trip.
- Step back in time at the Elms Mission Station (with tour included!). This is one of New Zealands most important historic buildings, and is Taurangas oldest colonial structure. Explore the tranquil gardens and learn how the Mission shaped the formation of Tauranga.
- Imagine a fierce war at the Gate Pa Battle Site. An important and fascinating part of Taurangas history this is where British forces fought local Maori in 1864, and came off second best!
- Relish the chance to take home some famous Manuka honey when we stop at a local honey shop.
- Explore a kiwifruit orchard to see how these furry icons are grown in New Zealand. The Bay of Plenty area produces 80% of New Zealands kiwifruit crop, and you even have the chance to purchase a kiwifruit icecream in the orchard shop (extra cost).
- Grab a panoramic photo of the Bay of Plenty from the Minden lookout. On a good day you will be able to see your ship sitting far below in the harbour.
- Admire the harbour and beaches that draw so many tourists to the region. See million-dollar beachfront houses overlooking one of the nations best surf beaches at Mt Maunganui.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasnt every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if youre lucky you may even get to travel with Ian he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!