Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Rainbow Springs From TaurangaWrite a Review
OverviewSee the creatures that make New Zealand their home and experience the thrill of the Big Splash water flume ride on this educational and fun-packed small-group tour. Visit Te Puia to see Pohutu Geyser and pools of bubbling mud, be treated to a Maori concert including the haka, see artisans at work with flax and wood and take some time at the Kiwifruit Country Store to sample the iconic Kiwifruit.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDepart Tauranga for Rotorua, passing through Te Puke - the home of the New Zealand Kiwifruit. Look out for kiwifruit hanging from the vines as you drive through this rural farming town.
Our route then continues through farmland, native bush and forested areas, passing by Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua before arriving at Te Whakarewarewa, Te Puia. Te Puia, the home of the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and the location of the famous Pohutu Geyser. We visit the carving school and see craftsmen fashion traditional wood carvings, then move on to watch Maori women demonstrate flax weaving.
A short walk through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to view the boiling mud pools, the famous Pohutu Geyser and hot pools that make Te Puia unique. See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built kiwi-house and explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village.
A Maori Cultural Performance will be given on the Marae, in one of the few fully carved meeting houses in New Zealand, a place of special spiritual significance to Maori. Here you will see the traditional songs, dances and demonstrations of fighting skills (including the Haka) performed. There will be time to enjoy lunch (own expense).
After lunch we drive through Rotorua City to the Rainbow Springs Nature Park. This is a great location, not only for the amazing Trout that can be seen in the natural springs, but also for the wide selection of native New Zealand wildlife you can see. There is also the Big Splash water flume ride to enjoy.
The tour then departs Rotorua for the return to Tauranga. On the way we tour through Mount Maunganui to view its famous ocean beaches, harbour and the iconic Mount Maunganui, an extinct volcanic core, which gives the area its name.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Rainbow Springs From Tauranga
- Entry to Te Puia
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Entry to Rainbow Springs
- Professional and knowledgeable driver/guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Rainbow Springs From Tauranga
- Food and drinks
- Entry to Kiwi Encounter at Rainbow Springs
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants 0 to 3 may travel free if seated on parents lap
This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines and some steps
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless very small and collapsible) or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Our staff can assist
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.