Hit the heights of Rotorua with a trip to 2 of the citys most famous destinations. This tour combines entry to the cultural and geothermal hub of Te Puia, with a scenic afternoon trip up the Skyline gondola. Join Taurangas best Shore Excursion team for an unforgettable day.
Te Puia Highlights:
- See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mudpools bubble away and boiling hotpools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos at Te Puia!
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group. The concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. See the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Spot the elusive kiwi in the nocturnal enclosure. These shy birds are our national icon and are now endangered.
- Visit the newly-refurbished carving and weaving school.
A stunning complex sitting high on the slopes of Mt Ngongotaha this place has something for all ages!
Included in our tour is the scenic cable car (gondola) ride. Enjoy panoramic views of the city as you gently climb.
There are a number of optional things to see and do at the top (all at extra cost). These include:
- Dining at the sumptuous smorgasbord restaurant. Or grab a bite to eat at the caf.
- Whizz down the mountainside on the luge. Invented in NZ, these trolley carts are great fun!
- Get your adrenalin buzz on the zipline or skyswing rides.
- Taste a number of exquisite wines and cheeses at Rotoruas only winery.
We also visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown, and tour Rotoruas interesting city centre to see famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and more.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasnt every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if youre lucky you may even get to travel with Ian he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!