Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Skyline Rotorua From TaurangaWrite a Review
OverviewThere is something for everyone on this small-group tour to the geothermal heartland of New Zealand - Rotorua. See Pohutu Geyser, pools of bubbling mud, a Maori concert including the haka, artisans at work with flax and wood, the kiwi bird, and iconic Rotorua scenery. Take a cable car ride to the top of Mt Ngongotaha for a chance to luge downhill, zip-line, sample wine, or just enjoy the magnificent views.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your ship docks at the cruise terminal in Tauranga, meet your guide at 9am and hop into your vehicle. Then, head onward through Te Puke — the home of the New Zealand kiwifruit — to begin your 8-hour tour. Along the way, gaze over Lake Rotoiti and Lake Rotorua, and pass acres of fertile kiwifruit orchards.
On arrival at Te Puia — your first stop — visit the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute with your guide. Watch skilled craftsmen fashion traditional wood carvings and see Maori women demonstrate flax-weaving. As you explore, gain insight into New Zealand’s Maori handicrafts.
Head onward through the Whakarewarewa Valley — where bubbling mud pools and powerful steam vents dominate the geothermal landscape — and take in top attractions for which Te Puia is famous, including the mighty Pohutu geyser.
See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird — the Kiwi — in a purpose-built Kiwi-house, and explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village. Here, catch a traditional cultural performance of the fearsome ‘Haka’ before a light lunch (own expense).
After lunch, head on to Skyline Skyrides — widely considered among Rotorua’s top attractions. Take the gondola up to the top station and enjoy a range of exciting activities including luge runs down the mountainside and zip lines (own expense). Perhaps enjoy refreshments in the cafe (own expense) as the kids blow off steam, then spin past Mt. Maunganui on route back to the port in Tauranga to bring your tour to an end.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Skyline Rotorua From Tauranga
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry to Te Puia
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Cable car ride up Mt. Ngongotaha
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Te Puia And Skyline Rotorua From Tauranga
- Food and drinks
- Activities at Skyline Skyrides
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants aged three and under may travel free if seated on a parent's lap
This tour requires some walking on well made paths, gentle inclines and some steps
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless small and collapsible) or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps. Our staff can assist
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Wairoa River Kayak Tour
- Evening Glow Worm Kayak Tour In Tauranga
- Waimarino Adventure Park
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Waimarino Adventure Park
- Rotorua Full Day Tour Including Maori Culture Geysers Mudpools And Mt Maunganui
- Shore Excursion: Hobbiton And Lord Of The Rings Movie Set Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Small-Group Bay Of Plenty And Tauranga Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Scenic Lake McLaren Kayak Tour
- White Island Volcano Helicopter Flight With Optional Tour From Tauranga
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Private Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland And Whakarewarewa Maori Cultural Village