Shore Excursion: Wildlife And Sea Kayaking Safari In Akaroa
OverviewMake the most of your day in Akaroa and join us on this once in a lifetime shore excursion. This is a chance to paddle in an extinct volcano basin. Take in breath-taking scenery and experience close encounters with some of the most endangered marine life on the planet including (if you are lucky!). Hector Dolphins, penguins, and orca whales located in Akaroa Harbor during their most active time of the day, only 80 minutes from Christchurch. Your safari includes a break at remote a beach where you can relax or swim, enjoy a snack and explore.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Akaroa, stroll through town to the kayak base to meet your guide and begin your 3-hour tour. Following an informative safety briefing, prepare your kayak for launch then take to Akaroas volcanic basin waters.
During your tour, paddle along the coastline and listen as your guide points out places of interest and any wildlife that you come across. After approximately one hour, stop for a 20-minute break on a remote beach and enjoy free time to swim or sunbathe at your leisure.
Replenish lost energy with a light snack, then paddle onward as your guide shares stories from the regions colorful past. As you explore, admire panoramic views over the shoreline from your vantage point on the waves.
When your kayak adventure comes to an end, paddle your kayak back to base an easy 10-minute walk from the wharf where the cruise ships come in to conclude your tour.
Inclusions for Shore Excursion: Wildlife And Sea Kayaking Safari In Akaroa
- Light refreshments
- Kayak safari
Exclusions for Shore Excursion: Wildlife And Sea Kayaking Safari In Akaroa
- Transport to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 10 years
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You Might Also Like
- Akaroa to Christchurch Full Day Private Excursion
- Swimming with Dolphins in Akaroa
- Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
- Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Jet Boat on Waimak River
- Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Sheep Farm Tour
- Shore Excursion: Scenic Cruiser Sea Kayaking Safaris in Akaroa
- Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and the International Antarctic Centre