Meet your Tour Guide at the Shrine's Visitor Centre information desk at your nominated tour time.
Your tour will begin and finish in the Shrine Visitors Centre and include:
- The Garden Courtyard with lesser known views of the Shrines North-Western corner
- Explanation of the distinctive architectural features, statues, poignant inscriptions and building design from the Western steps
- The history surrounding the Southern steps of the Shrine, uncovering the significance of this vantage point often overlooked by casual visitors to the Shrine.
- A visit to the Sanctuary via the grand bronze doors to experience the Ray of Light Ceremony
- Stunning views of the memorial gardens, the City of Melbourne and surrounds from the Balcony
- The Shrine's Crypt to understand more about the many years of history encapsulated in this small space
- A tour of the Galleries to learn some of the astounding acts of valor, fascinating personal histories, and artifacts on display.
- A visit to the interactive Peace Wall display before your tour concludes back at the Shrine Visitor Centre.
If you decide to add on a gourmet tiffin after your tour, these are collected across the road from the Shrine at Jardin Tan. Located at the Gate O entrance to the Royal Botanic Gardens, your tiffin treats can be enjoyed inside at Jardin Tan, or picnic style within the Gardens. When you finish your tiffin, simply return it at the agreed time back to Jardin Tan.