Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve Eco-Adventure Including Muyil Ruins - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewEnjoy a day trip to Sian Ka'an Eco Park, 'the place where heaven begins' and be in touch with nature as you also learn about the Mayan culture. Your tour includes snacks, transport and a professional guide.
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Fully narrated tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, you will head to the Sian Ka'an for an eco-adveture. You will experience an encounter with nature and the Mayan culture, as well as an exciting adventure in the jungle.
First, you will be taken to a typical Mayan residence where you can admire the process of grinding corn and even take part in preparing tortillas in the Mayan kitchen. Then, you will visit the archaeological ruins of Muyil which is one of the biggest sites in the Sian Ka'an reserve. Learn from your guide about this place and how it was one of the most important trade centers for the Mayans as they exchanged products from Honduras and Yucatan.
After this, you will enjoy a hike through the Canan-Ha trail as you admire the diversity of the flora and fauna surrounding this tropical rainforest. Once you reach the end of the trail, you can climb up to the 19-meter high viewpoint and see various the variety of the ecosystem including the tropical forest, some lagoons, the mangroves and the ecological microsystems of isle-shaped flat fields near the sea.
Finally, you will take a boat ride to the Muyil and Chunyaxche lagoons. Travel through crystal clear and turquoise waters until you reach
Xtlapak ruins where you will float into an ancient Mayan canal built more than a thousand years ago. Here, you will let the soft current carry us for about 35 minutes as you enjoy the tranquility and the gentle sound of the wind.
After this pleasant experience of floating, a boat will be waiting for you to take you back again and you will make your way back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve Eco-Adventure Including Muyil Ruins
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve Eco-Adventure Including Muyil Ruins
- Gratuities (optional)
- Eco-park tax $6USD
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you bring/wear comfortable clothes (long sleeves and pants) and shoes, hat and sunglasses, camera, biodegradable sunscreen, mosquito repellent biodegradable, sandals and towel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Catamaran Tour with Open Bar and Snorkeling with Turtles
- Half-Day Private Catamaran Tour with Open Bar in Playa del Carmen
- Skip the Line: La Vaquita Playa del Carmen
- Tour from Riviera Maya or Cancun Ek Balam
- Tulum and Cenote
- PADI Scuba Diver Course in Playa del Carmen
- PADI Open Water Diver Course in Playa del Carmen
- ATV Extreme and Snorkel Adventure from the Riviera Maya