Sichuan Opera In Chengdu
OverviewSwap sopranos for fire-breathing acrobats at the Sichuan Opera, a one-of-a-kind cultural performance at Chengdus Shufeng Yayun Teahouse. Youll be glued to your seat for 1.5 hours as you watch acrobats, dancers, and puppets in acts that include a face-changing mask spectacle. Depending on your preferences, you might upgrade for better seats and snacks to go with your included Sichuan tea. For the VIP treatment, opt for a Chinese massage, for an ear-grooming session, or to dress up in show costume with makeup for a photograph!
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Choice of seating available
Know More about this tour
When it's time to take your seat, turn your attention to a lively 1.5-hour show that fuses acting, acrobatics, puppetry, folk music and dancing. The Sichuan Opera derives its subject matter from Chinese classical novels, legends and folk tales. Several distinct acts Changing Faces, Spitting Fire and Rolling Light feature dazzling sets and costumes that celebrate Southwestern Chinas performing and fine arts.
During Changing Faces, perhaps the most popular routine, the actors quickly switch between different masks to portray characters personalities as the drama develops. Spitting Fire is a literal act that's distinctive of Sichuan Opera; it's also a performance that elicits oohs and ahhs from the crowd. Rolling Light involves a performer acting out a variety of routines like jumping over a bench or dancing with a fan, all the while balancing a bowl lit with fire on his head!
Inclusions for Sichuan Opera In Chengdu
- Admission ticket
- Tea service
- Massage, ear-grooming or photo opportunity in opera makeup and costume (VIP option only)
- Light snacks (A-Class option only)
Exclusions for Sichuan Opera In Chengdu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip taxi service to theater
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
When you arrive at the theater, choose one of three options: a massage, ear grooming or photo opportunity in opera makeup and costume.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Ticket will delivered to your hotel's front desk for pickup prior to the day of the show
It is recommended to allow 30-40 minutes for taxi ride
Instructions to the taxi driver will be included with your tickets. Before departing make sure to ask your hotel's front desk to write out the name and address of your hotel in English and Chinese, or take along the hotel's business card to facilitate an easy return trip
Taxi fare is not included in this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Best of Tibet Tour from Chengdu by Air: Lhasa, Yamdrok Lake and Khampa La Pass
- 2-Day Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong National Parks Independent Tour from Chengdu by Air
- 2-Day Private Tour of Leshan Grand Buddha and Emei Shan including Monastery Stay
- Private Day Tour: Leshan Buddha of Chengdu
- Private Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour from Chengdu with High-speed Train Transfer
- Half-Day Sichuan Cuisine Museum and Cooking Experience Tour
- 5-Day Small-Group China Tour: Chengdu and Shanghai