Sicilian Countryside Day Trip From Cefalu Including Lunch - Palermo
OverviewEnjoy a change of scenery on this day trip from the Tyrrhenian coastal town of Cefalu, just east of Palermo, to the rugged Madonie mountain countryside. Experience the rural lifestyle of northern Sicily as you explore medieval villages, admire the idyllic green hills of Madonie Regional Natural Park and visit a dairy farm for a fresh ricotta cheese tasting. End with a traditional Sicilian lunch in the fresh mountain air.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThis delightful landscape excursion takes you to admire the unknown part of the naturalistic Sicily. You will have the possibility to discover authentic Sicilian villages ( Castelbuono, Geraci, Petralia Soprana) and you will learn more about Sicilian lifestyle.We will continue towards the Madonie Park.Stop in Piano Battaglia known for its winter sky resort at 1,600 meters. You will relax and breath fresh air walking through the naturalistic park. Visit of aSicilian farmwhere you will admire the old traditional way to make a fresh cheese called "Ricotta", then you will taste it with some bread and local cheese made by the farmer. The visit will continue to explore another charming Sicilian village :Polizzi Generosa, a small village built on a hill of the Madonie Park. Visit of the historical centre and free time at disposal. Lunch in atypical restaurant with Sicilian specialities(wine and water included). In the afternoon return to Cefal .
Inclusions for Sicilian Countryside Day Trip From Cefalu Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Cheese tasting
- Lunch with wine
Exclusions for Sicilian Countryside Day Trip From Cefalu Including Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Caponata (Sicilian ratatouille) with artichoke, mushroom and dried tomatoes
- Pasta with wild fennel, arugula (rocket) and salsiccia (Sicilian sausage) or zucchini
- Traditional meat (pork, lamb or salsiccia) dish
- Testa di turco ('Turkish head,' traditional dessert)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour to Erice and Segesta with Local Guide
- Private Discover Tour from Palermo to Selinunte and Segesta with local Guide
- Segesta and Monreale with Local Guide Private Tour from Palermo or Trapani
- Private Tour from Palermo to Agrigento with Local Guide
- Palermo Food and Wine Walking Tour
- Private Tour to Mount Etna from Palermo
- Hidden Treasures And Flavors Of A Sicilian Village