Sicily's Valley Of The Temples Guided Private Tour - Agrigento
OverviewAdmire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, recently listed by UNESCO as a Cultural World Heritage. Follow your expert guide and get to know the history and the fascinating characters that shaped the face of Akragas, the ancient Agrigento.
Know More about this tourThe Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It is one of the most outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture, and is one of the main attractions of Sicily as well as a national monument of Italy. The area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list in 1997.
The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares, but theterm 'valley' is a misnomer, the site being located on a ridge outside the town of Agrigento.
Through this tour you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
Inclusions for Sicily's Valley Of The Temples Guided Private Tour
- Private tour
- Experttour guide
Exclusions for Sicily's Valley Of The Temples Guided Private Tour
- Entrance ticket cost is approximately 10.
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please note that this tour does not include any entrance tickets.
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen.
Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place.
If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.