Siege Of Sarajevo Food Tour
OverviewTheSiege of Sarajevowas the longestsiegeof a capital city in the history of modern warfare. During four years people were surviving without transportation, telephones, food, shops, heating, water, electricity. Join this unique 3-hours tour for small groups and discover Sarajevo not as a victim but as a place of experiment, where wit can still achieve victory over terror. During the tour you will have unique opportunity to learn aboutan extraordinary cooking creativity of Sarajevo citizens and taste food prepared by the war-time recipes. You willtourplaces strategically important during the war: Cathedral, Orthodox Church, Eternal Fire, Markale, Presidency of BiH, Parliament, Hotel Holiday Inn and visit the Besieged Sarajevo exhibitionin Historical Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Know More about this tour
Till now Sarajevans joke that each person in Sarajevo during the siege was very close to an ideal macrobiotician, a real role-model for the health-conscious, diet-troubled West. Greet your guide near the entrance to the Sacred Heart Cathedral and start yourjourney where you will havea one-of-a-kind opportunity to find out all about the incredible surviving skills of Sarajevans in times of war, learn about water and food supply, and taste dishes from the war cookbook, which are the precious mix of wild imagination - nettle pie, dandelion honey, bean steaks and lentil coffee.
During the tour you will come around the placesthat played a crucial role for residents of Sarajevo during the four-years siege andlearn about the ways these buildings were used to facilitate and normalize everyday life of citizens through various cultural, social and sporting events. You will visit the Besieged Sarajevo Collection in the Historical museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina and look into everyday life of the citizens during the siege andwitness their human ingenuity, creativity, improvisation, and functionality.
Inclusions for Siege Of Sarajevo Food Tour
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Museum entrancefees
Exclusions for Siege Of Sarajevo Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Suitable for vegetarians.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.