Siem Reap Pottery Making And Ceramic Art Painting Experience
OverviewBring your artistic skills to Siem Reap, where you can take a 4-hour class combining two artistic activities, Cambodian pottery making and ceramic painting. Under the guidance of a local artist, you'll learn the history of these ancient cultural traditions and create your own bowl, mugs and saucers to keep as souvenirs.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Led by a local guide
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYour experience in Siem Reap starts with hotel pickup by tuk tuk and transport to the workshop. Upon arrival, your two-part class begins with the pottery making portion.
A local artist tells you about the history of the ancient art of Cambodian pottery, demonstrates clay-shaping methods, and explains the firing and glazing process in the traditional kiln. Then it's time to express yourself on the potters wheel! Create your own handmade Cambodian bowl with Khmer carving, and then leave it to be fired overnight.
Next, your class switches to painting ceramics. Let your inspiration flow by coming up with your own design, or find ideas by browsing a collection of books. Guided by your teacher, you'll learn the ceramic-making process and painting techniques, and then you can get to work on your pieces two elephant-shaped mugs with saucers. If the idea of starting from scratch is intimidating, you also have the option decorate your ceramics with a pre-filled pattern. Either way, you'll have a unique souvenir to take home.
When you're finished painting, leave your pieces to be glazed overnight, and receive your own Cambodian Potter Diploma before being dropped off at your hotel.
Be sure to go early in your trip, as your art pieces will not be ready until the following evening after your class.
Inclusions for Siem Reap Pottery Making And Ceramic Art Painting Experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by tuk tuk
- Local guide and pottery teacher
- Use of all art materials
- Pottery class
- Bowl (handmade by you)
- 2 elephant mugs
- 2 saucers
- Cambodian Potter Diploma
- Water and refreshing towel
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Siem Reap Pottery Making And Ceramic Art Painting Experience
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Cost of shipping your piece(s) to your home address
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Your piece(s) will be fired in a kiln overnight; they will be available for pickup the following day
If you prefer to have your pieces shipped to your home address, this can be arranged at your own expense
Minimum age is 3 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Siem Reap Full Day Tour With Angkor Wat Banteay Srei Bayon Temple and Ta Prohm
- Private Tour: Beng Mealea Jungle Temple and Kompong Pluk Floating Village
- Siem Reap Street Food Evening Tour
- Siem Reap Countryside Bike Ride
- Full-Day Private Angkor Wat Tour Including Khmer Massage
- Full-Day Angkor Tour by Tuk Tuk from Sunrise