Siena And San Gimignano Full-day Tour From Versilia Coast
OverviewIn the morning depart for beautiful Siena, where you will take a guided tour and discover the city's wealth of architectural treasures, like its distinctive black and white Cathedral to the magnificient central Piazza del Campo, famous for the Palio horse race. In the afternoon, travel through the scenic Tuscan countryside and arrive at San Gimignano, one of the most idyllic hilltop towns in Tuscany, a medieval masterpiece with its majestic towers dominating the skyline.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tour
The tour starts in the early morning with pick up from the Versilia coast. During the trip, the professional tour leader will introduce you to the heart of Tuscany explaining costumes and traditions of this enchanting country. Dont miss the unforgettable landscape looking out of the window.
Around 10.15am, the professional guide will introduce you to the magic atmosphere of Siena, a UNESCO listed city which has preserved its medieval set and traditions. The tour starts at the Basilica di San Domenico where you will have a first impression of the citys origins and traditions. Continuing the tour through the ancient alleys, you will reach Piazza del Campo (also called Piazza del Palio thanks to the famous Palio horse race which takes place here every 2nd July and 16th August). Have a look around and admire Palazzo Pubblico, Torre del Mangia and the famous Fonte Gaia by Jacopo della Quercia while the guide explains their secrets. The tour ends in front of the Duomo and you will be free to visit the interior with the guide (entrance ticket is not included in the price) or have more free time to lose yourself amongst thestreets and enjoy a typical lunch.
Meet with tour leader after lunch (2.00 pm) for departure to San Gimignano, another enchanting medieval town. Free time in San Gimignano which you may like to spend tasting some typical products such as meats, olive oil, wine and ice cream or simply strolling along the alleys. From the Rocca di Montestaffoli, enjoy the breathtaking panorama of the Tuscan hills and the famous towers of San Gimignano. At 16.45 meet again with your tour leader to come back to the hotel. Arrival around 6.45pm 7.15pm.
Inclusions for Siena And San Gimignano Full-day Tour From Versilia Coast
Transport by coach
Official city guide in Siena
Exclusions for Siena And San Gimignano Full-day Tour From Versilia Coast
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Clients pick-up times along Versilia Coast resorts:
07:00 Forte dei Marmi
07:10 Marina di Pietrasanta
07:20 Lido di Camaiore
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Chianti Wine-Tasting and Castles Trip from Siena
- Small-Group Montepulciano and Pienza Day Trip from Siena
- Full-Day Private Tour to Arezzo and Cortona from Siena
- Full-Day Private Tour to Perugia and Assisi from Siena
- Private Full-Day Independent Tour to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence
- Cinque Terre Day Trip from Siena
- Pienza and Montepulciano Half-day Private Tour from Siena
- Skip the Line: Siena Duomo and City Walking Tour