Siena Day Trip From Rome
OverviewSpend a day in beautiful Siena, Tuscanys second-largest city, on a full-day excursion from Rome! After enjoying a scenic journey through the Lazio and Tuscan countryside, enjoy free time in Siena to get to know the city at your own pace. Meet back up with the group for a 3-course lunch, and then head out on an afternoon walking tour to see and learn about Siena Cathedral, Piazza del Campo and more.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your central Rome hotel or alternatively, meet your guide in central Rome. Then, travel north to Siena, passing through the Lazio region and into picture-perfect Tuscany, an area where pretty hilltop towns cling to verdant hills and cypress trees dot the countryside. Look out of your coach window to see the vineyards and olive groves for which Tuscany is famous, before arriving at the regions second-largest city: Siena.
Hop off your coach and make the most of some free time to explore the city on your own. In bygone times, Siena rivaled Florence for its power, wealth and artistic beauty; today the city holds a reputation as an urban gem, characterized by its elegant architecture and landmarks. Perhaps use your free time to stroll around Sienas UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Town and admire its countless historical sights.
Meet back up with your group for lunch in one of the city centers restaurants, and then head out on a walking tour with your guide to get to know Siena a little better. Explore Piazza del Campo, the central city square, and learn about its use as the venue for the annual Palio horse race. Hear fun facts about the citys famous contrades (neighborhoods with legacies of traditions) as you walk, and then head inside Siena Duomo, the citys famous Gothic cathedral.
After exploring the main areas of interest in Siena, return to your coach and relax on the journey back to Rome. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at the central Rome start point in the evening.
First course (choice of one):
- Pesto pasta with parmesan
- Noodles with zucchini, tomato and basil
Second course (choice of one):
- Chicken breast with pink pepper and wilted spinach
- Pan-fried escalope with beans
- Ice cream
- Lemon sorbet
Inclusions for Siena Day Trip From Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Expert guide
- Admission to Siena Duomo
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
Exclusions for Siena Day Trip From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: This is a multilingual tour
Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
the tour starts with a Minimum of 6 pax . There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome