Siena Guided Walking Tour
OverviewThere is no better way to explore the simplicity of Siena other than walking through its quaint landscapes and charming medieval period attractions. You will start with the most famous Piazza Del Campo, experience how a museum and its oratory have managed to be district by themselves and learn a lot of hidden secrets of this marvellous little city.
- See the Best of Siena on this tour.
- Enjoy the magnificent view from the Basilica of San Domenico and Cathedral.
- Unravel Contrada’s secrets.
- Expert and friendly Guide at your side throughout the Tour.
Know More about this tour
An unforgettable Guided Walking Tour will make you discover this marvelous medieval city; you will enjoy a guided tour of the old town centre. The guided visit of Siena starts in its most beautiful square, Piazza del Campo, of which the Palazzo Pubblico (town hall) is the focal point. Then you will stroll along its fascinating streets and squares, reaching the spectacular Cathedral. The guided visit continues with a tour in a Museum and an Oratory of a Contrada, where you can experience the authentic atmosphere of the town. The Contrade (districts into which the town is divided) are the real core of the local social life, where inhabitants of each district compete with each other as they devote themselves to preparations for the well-known Palio horse-race. The contrada is not simply a district: it is a small state having its own legacy of traditions, memories and emotions, including its own flag and anthem.
The Museum of a contrada, as well as its Oratory, is therefore the heart of the district. This is an intimate and secret place - with exclusive access - containing historical documents and wonderful relics of the famous Palio, as well as magnificent works of art which are normally not disclosed to the public. In other words, a truly exclusive and valuable experience. The visit ends with the Basilica of San Domenico (inside visit); built in the 13th century it is a treasure chest of Renaissance art and it is dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena of which preserves a relic.
Children under the age of 8: free of charge. Show a document proving children’s age upon request.
Inclusions for Siena Guided Walking Tour
- 2 hours of guided visit
- Contrada Museum and Oratorio entrance fee : Exclusive opening
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.