Siena's Palio Horse Race - Florence
OverviewExperience the world-famous Palio horse race, the most exciting event in Siena, on a day trip from Florence. You’ll enjoy a guided tour of Siena, watch the race from the Piazza del Campo, and later have dinner at a restaurant in the piazza as well.
- Guided tour of Siena
- See the horses blessing
- Watch the Palio horse race
Know More about this tour
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year in Piazza del Campo, in Siena. You will live all the drama and excitement of the four days of the Palio. On the the Palio’s eve, the “Prova Generale”, the second-last trial, is followed by a festive dinner. The next day, the most exciting events start in the afternoon whit the horses blessing. After a magnificent parade in Renaissance costumes, three frenzied laps of the Piazza will decide the winner. The citizens of the winning Contrada then acclaim the horse and the jockey as heroes and will proudly celebrate all year long. Our agency is glad to offer packages that capture the true essence of the Palio, a tailor-made experience that will let you take home “the heart of Siena”.
Inclusions for Siena's Palio Horse Race
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert tour leader
- Guided tour of Siena with an expert guide
- Access to the square to watch the race
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence
- Florence Walking Tour: Oltrarno Art and Crafts