Siena, San Gimignano And Greve In Chianti Day Trip From Florence With Wine Tasting
OverviewVisit two highlights of Tuscany, the charming cities of Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti, on an action-packed day trip from Florence. After traveling through the gorgeous Chianti countryside, visit the old town of Siena and the inside of the Basilica di San Domenico. Learn about Siena’s famous 'contrades' neighborhoods on a visit to one of the city's contrada museums, and then head to San Gimignano. Visit San Gimignano 1300 Museum to see miniature models of the ancient city made, and sample local wine and sweets! Round out your day by visiting ancient cellars and sampling delicious local wine and snacks with a stop in a typical winery and then in the Chianti area, in the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave Florence by air-conditioned coach and travel south to Siena, passing through the postcard-perfect Tuscan countryside. Travel through the area known as Chianti, admiring the idyllic landscape of verdant green hills punctuated by cypress trees, vineyards and olive groves. After 1.5 hours, stop in the medieval walled city of Siena Tuscanys elegantly beautiful second city.
Your first visit is the Basilica of San Domenico, a treasure chest of Renaissance dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena. Head inside the Basilica with your guide and admire its highlights. After marveling at the artwork, continue with your guide on a walking tour of the old town until you reach the Cathedral (exterior visit) and then stroll to one of the city's contrada museums.
The museum is dedicated to information about Sienas famous contrades, and as you browse the exhibits, your guide will talk to you about their origins. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and each one boasts their own flag and anthems. Learn of the contrades role during Sienas legendary Palio horse race, and browse the historical documents on display.
After a break in Piazza del Campo for lunch (own expense), you will reach San Gimignano, a small and world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here we will be led until the heart of the historical center, where to have free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
In the evening, crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, you will arrive to a small and typical Winery where, after a short walk in the ancient vineyards, we will visit the suggestive barrique room and taste 4 fantastic wines, sampling also locally produced zero food miles. Finally, we will stop in the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti, to admire its famous main square flanked by arcades and browse through the local artisan shops, to end a memorable experience in the heart of Tuscany.
*Please note that the order of the visits may change.
Inclusions for Siena, San Gimignano And Greve In Chianti Day Trip From Florence With Wine Tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort
- Professional guide in Siena
- Guided visit in Contrada's Museum and Oratorio
- Stop at a typical Winery with tasting of excellent Chianti wines
- Visit of a picturesque Chianti medieval village, famous for its colors and charm
- Interior Visit of Siena Cathedral and the Libreria Piccolomini with skip the line ticket (if option selected)
Exclusions for Siena, San Gimignano And Greve In Chianti Day Trip From Florence With Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to Siena Duomo
Itinerary:Please note: When the Museum and the Oratory of the Contrada are not accessible, it will be replaced with another site of particular historic and cultural interest.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
From April 2018 the stop in Monteriggioni will replace the stop in Greve in Chianti.
Please take note that the order of the visits may change
A moderate amount of walking is involved.
A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.