OverviewStep back in time and explore the medieval gems of Romania’s rural Transylvania region on this day trip from Braov, led by an expert guide. After a stop in the age-old village of Viscri to see its fortified church, take a walking tour of UNESCO-listed Sighioara, one of Europe’s best-preserved medieval towns. Enjoy free time for lunch or to explore this stunning town on your own, and then continue to Rupea Fortress, a 14th-century castle that’s one of Romania’s most impressive.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourLeave central Braov by air-conditioned car or minivan and travel north with your guide into the Transylvanian countryside. As you travel, listen to fascinating facts about Romania’s history and admire the passing scenery of rolling hills, age-old villages and pine forests.
After roughly 1.5 hours, arrive at Viscri, a historical village that’s hardly changed in centuries. Discover how Prince Charles owns a property here and visit Viscri church, one of Transylvania’s UNESCO-listed fortified churches.
Built by Saxon colonists in the 1300s, this remarkable sanctuary is encircled by white stone battlements that lend it a fairy tale appearance. Go inside (own expense) with your guide to explore the bastions, covered corridors and church, and learn how the fortifications, an incredible 16 feet (five meters) thick in places, were built to defend against invading Turks.
Continue to the medieval, UNESCO-listed town of Sighioara, one of the best preserved in Europe and the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration behind Dracula. Enjoy a walking tour of its jewel-like center to see its 14th-century Clock Tower, Church on the Hill, and Citadel, an atmospheric web of cobbled lanes and crooked walls.
After a little free time to have lunch (own expense) or explore Sighioara independently, travel on to Rupea Fortress, one of Transylvania’s most impressive medieval castles. Built in the 1300s, this hilltop fortress has a lower, middle and upper level, with ramparts and terraces coiling up to the summit.
Head inside (own expense) and inspect the curtain walls and red-roofed towers on a guided tour. See the original 196-foot (60-meter) well, whose water is still drinkable, and learn how Saxon colonists used Rupea as a village in the 1700s, giving it its own market, chapel and meat storerooms.
Having explored here, return to central Braov where your tour ends.
Please note: The order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Sighisoara, Rupea Fortress And Viscri Day Trip From Brasov
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
Exclusions for Sighisoara, Rupea Fortress And Viscri Day Trip From Brasov
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Sighisoara: Monday all sites are closed!
Minimum booking numbers apply (2 pax). If you would like to join as 1 person please note that the price for 2 is be applicable
Dress warmly: Sturdy and waterproof shoes, and rain jackets recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.