Sigiriya Rock Fortress And Cave Temples Private Day Trip - Colombo
OverviewSigiriya and Dambulla have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage and once Sigiriya was nominated as the 8th Wonder of the World. This is a must-do trip when visiting Sri Lanka.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourEarly morning leave for Sigiriya (approx. 4 hours drive) and climb the 5th-century Sigiriya rock fortress. Sigiriya is famous for its toadstool of golden-hued granite, protruding into the searing blue sky from a hot, flat wilderness of scrub-land, which is transformed in the rainy season to a water garden. Afterwards visiting this beautiful area, have lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant.
After lunch, visit Dambulla rock temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is a World Heritage Site. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings, is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains over 150 images of the Buddha and the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters.
On completion of this visit, you will be driven back to your hotel (approx. 4 hours drive)
Inclusions for Sigiriya Rock Fortress And Cave Temples Private Day Trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an Air-conditioned vehicle in Negombo, Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Kalutara or Kandy.
- Sightseeing tours with service of an English Speaking chauffeur guide
- Entrance fees to the sites & Mineral water during the tour
- Lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant
- All Government taxes
Exclusions for Sigiriya Rock Fortress And Cave Temples Private Day Trip
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Tips to guides, restaurants, and hotel lobby. Tipping is expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available when group size is 7 people or more
Please wear clothes to cover your knees and shoulders when visiting temples
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer : Colombo International Airport (CMB) to Colombo Hotels
- Private Muthurajawela Marsh Boat Safari
- Private Day Trip: Explore Bentota from Colombo
- Private Departure Transfer: Colombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Udawalawe
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Jaffna