Enjoy a wonderful walking food tour showcasing the most delicious tacos and street food offered in the Bay of Banderas. Journey with a "foodie" guide and learn how the locals eat. Sample regional specialties including the birria, carnitas, fish tacos and many more dishes. This 3-hour, small group walking tour, will open your eyes to the culture, food and traditions of beautiful Puerto Vallarta.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Your food adventure begins at a central location in Puerto Vallarta's Romantic Zone at 10am. Wear comfortable walking shoes and arrive hungry because you'll be sampling authentic local food for the next 3.5 hours.
Start with a tasty Jalisco stew, beef birria, a beloved traditional breakfast dish cooked by a local family. Next, sample freshly cooked carnitas tacos and mouthwatering tacos dorado. Afterwards, refresh your palate with a fresh, cold coconut.
Your knowledgeable guide will give you a behind-the-scenes tour of a local baker and butcher. Find out how the locals shop for freshly baked breads and meats and sample hot-off-the press tortillas, made from fresh sweet corn.
Continue to the local mercado and learn how to shop like a Mexican. Your guide will educate you on the plethora of chiles, both fresh and dried, and the delectable variety of fruits and vegetables that locals incorporate into their daily diet. You'll taste a Puerto Vallarta style ceviche tostada, then dine on a generous and crunchy fish taco at one of the best taco stands in town. Be sure to save room for an unforgettable seafood chile relleno taco and a shrimp brochette at another popular stop.
The final dish is a sizzling quesadilla made of tender adobada pork, beans, onion, and guacamole. For dessert, try a Michoacán-style sorbet or ice cream and finish up the tour at the enticing Azteca candy shop.
Bottled water, food and non-alcoholic drinks, a colorful signature shopping bag, and complimentary tour photos are all included.
Inclusions for Signature Taco And Street Food Tour In Puerto Vallarta
- Bottled water
- Food and drink throughout tour
- Engaging and knowledgeable bilingual foodie guide
- Colorful signature shopping bag
- Complimentary photos of your tour
- Map and assistance with the rest of your visit in Puerto Vallarta
Exclusions for Signature Taco And Street Food Tour In Puerto Vallarta
- Alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended 15-20% of tour cost)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved (about 1.5 miles over three hours)
Tours go out rain or shine
Some of the places visited may change depending on the day
A minimum of two people per booking is required
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.